X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunk
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2020

Cool cool! Thanks! New to all of this and excited to get started. It’s been years since I have had access to a bag and never knew how much more the bag had to offer. Once I get it up I’ll take some pics. Thanks!

Comment

• Mickey Dix
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jul 2019

Glad you are abroad Chunk, There are some very knowledgeable and nice people on this forum. Read up on all you can .have fun with speedbagging. It is very addictive.

Comment

• chunk
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2020

..and I have quite the addictive personality so it should be a fun combination!! Any chance you can please save me some time and let me know how to order an Arc swivel?

Comment

• Zaz
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	0312932B-A7E6-47B3-A584-875A42F2BED6.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	119688 Hi Chunk welcome to the forum.The Platform is very sturdy. It has all the features of a high end adjustable platform without the high price tag.A nice 24 inch solid drum with a powder coated steel frame.I am very pleased with it . Good luck with it.I switched the swivel to the Arcswivel Bag on!!!

Very nice platform Mickey! Congratulations on your purchase!

Comment

• chunk
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2020

...and the journey begins! Bag was from a friend and may be a little small to start with. Any suggestions for which one to get next?? And how can I score an arc swivel please ???
            Last edited by chunk; 03-18-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Chunk, what size is that Ringside bag? It should have a model number on it.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• chunk
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2020

Hey there- I’ll check again when I get back home but I think was a small.

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

That looks great chunk nice work on the installation! That looks like it may be an extra small 8x5 perhaps? A nice fat 9x6 (usally called out as small) is recommended starting out. I personally started w/ Balazs 9x6 but they are pricey at $100 I think now. Maybe a Title Gryo or Super bag for starters?...

Comment

• chunk
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2020

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll be checking those out now. Super excited to finally have a setup of my own!!

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jun 2019

Looks great Chunk! We can’t wait to see it in action!

I’m going to say that is a newer Ringside S, which they advertise as 6x9 but it runs small. The middle bottom of this shelf is a Ringside S the FS to it’s left is 8x5. The rest are XS. The XS Ringside standards are tiny. Even smaller than the 5 in Heritage.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by chunk View Post
                        ...and the journey begins! Bag was from a friend and may be a little small to start with. Any suggestions for which one to get next?? And how can I score an arc swivel please ???
                        Cleto Medium is also a great bag to start with. It was one of my first bags. Im up to who knows how many bags now? They're everywhere! The Cleto Medium is still my 'go to' bag when I'm attempting to learn new sequences.

Comment

• Zaz
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

The Ringside Heritage 6 inch is a big bag with plenty of bounce. A bit expensive but worth every penny. If you want a heavier and slower bag the Rival small is bigger than most 6 x 9 speed bags.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

Very nice platform Mickey! Congratulations on your purchase!
                            Thanks Zaz,I am happy with it. The large handles make it easy to adjust the height.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jul 2019

Nice job with the installation of your platform. The drum is better then I thought it would be . I hope you like it.

Comment

• pinzpirate
                                • Feb 2020

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post

Cleto Medium is also a great bag to start with. It was one of my first bags. Im up to who knows how many bags now? They're everywhere! The Cleto Medium is still my 'go to' bag when I'm attempting to learn new sequences.
                                I hit a Everlast 7X10 for a year I know they have quality issues sometimes Good size and speed for $25 My 4242 treated me well
                                I agree with L-villeBagger The Cleto 6X9 is great all around bag At my skill level it's my go to bag rdshackleford makes the Arcs'
                                Hopefully he will make some more

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...