Narragansett Machine Co Speedbag Adjustable Platform.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • looster
    • Jul 2012

FOR SALE Narragansett Machine Co Speedbag Adjustable Platform.

I am selling my Narragansett Speedbag platform.

I have many pics of the unit as is has undergone refurbishment in the " Pictures and videos" section of the forum.
    here are some of the things that have been done to this fine piece of vintage equipment -

1) the height adjustment wheel and assembly:
    when I recieved it, the original wheel was broken into many parts and was unusable. A new replacement wheel was ordered and fitted to the unit.

2) the screw assembly was un-frozen , lubed and cleaned up so that the whole unit now works perfectly as it was intended.

3) the entire cast iron surface and all parts were sandblasted to remove the old " Japanning " finish, which had seen better days. New paint was applied ( industrial gloss enamel ) , dried, and painted again. 4 or 5 coats of new paint were applied, and only after the previous had dried completely. The new finish looks very much like the original, except- no rust, in A-1 condition and should last for many many years.

4) the original wooden top and bottom pieces, which included the cut-out for the wheel assembly, were retianed, cleaned up and refinished.

5) all new fasteners throughout. Grade 8 bolts to hold the 2 " arms " to the main body of the unit.

6) the original fasteners were rusty, broken, some had missing heads, different sizes of wood screws.... yuck. all gone now. New heavy duty fasteners used everywhere,

7) The original drum was retained and the patina of many years is preserved. the drum is in excellent condition and we did not at all want to sand down the beautiful brown patina of the original drum. All that was done was to use some furniture oil periodically to keep it in good condition.

8) a new Everlast chain-type swivel was fitted as well as the top and bottom steel plates that came with the unit. ( those plates were rusted, we cleaned them up and painted them with the same industrial black gloss enamel to give the whole thing a uniform look. )

so- all that is left to do is to screw the platform onto the 2 arms and it is ready to go.

Selling this beautiful vintage speedbag platform FOB Denver, Colorado.
    I am posting this prior to listing on ebay, we will have it up on Ebay soon.

SHIPPING - buyer can pick it up from my site in Littleton, Colorado. this unit weighs 320 pounds without a pallet. we will palletize the unit for shipping.
    shipping is the responsibility of the buyer, although I would just refer a company called Frieghtquote, which I have used, to get do the shipping.

so- rare, vintage, hard to find, excellent condition, the real deal. ready to rock and a Fightsports Speedbag is included with the price, as we as an Everlast hook-type swivel, also new. ( same bolt pattern as the chain type swivel that is installed on the platform now. )

This summer an unrefubished platform of the same type sold on ebay for $ 3K.
    I am asking $ 5500 or best cash offer ( or paypal )

Please contact me directly via email if interested.

thank you

Looster
    Attached Files
  • CeSalt
    • Nov 2013

I've been admiring that work of art for weeks now and sure would pick it up if I could. Somebody is in for a real treat thanks to all your care, Looster.

Comment

• looster
      • Jul 2012

thanks for the kind words, Ce Salt. You are a gentleman.

Comment

• CeSalt
        • Nov 2013

You're quite welcome, and I'm actually a "gentlegal" but I do appreciate your intent.

Comment

• looster
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by looster View Post
          I am selling my Narragansett Speedbag platform.

I have many pics of the unit as is has undergone refurbishment in the " Pictures and videos" section of the forum.
          here are some of the things that have been done to this fine piece of vintage equipment -

1) the height adjustment wheel and assembly:
          when I recieved it, the original wheel was broken into many parts and was unusable. A new replacement wheel was ordered and fitted to the unit.

2) the screw assembly was un-frozen , lubed and cleaned up so that the whole unit now works perfectly as it was intended.

3) the entire cast iron surface and all parts were sandblasted to remove the old " Japanning " finish, which had seen better days. New paint was applied ( industrial gloss enamel ) , dried, and painted again. 4 or 5 coats of new paint were applied, and only after the previous had dried completely. The new finish looks very much like the original, except- no rust, in A-1 condition and should last for many many years.

4) the original wooden top and bottom pieces, which included the cut-out for the wheel assembly, were retianed, cleaned up and refinished.

5) all new fasteners throughout. Grade 8 bolts to hold the 2 " arms " to the main body of the unit.

6) the original fasteners were rusty, broken, some had missing heads, different sizes of wood screws.... yuck. all gone now. New heavy duty fasteners used everywhere,

7) The original drum was retained and the patina of many years is preserved. the drum is in excellent condition and we did not at all want to sand down the beautiful brown patina of the original drum. All that was done was to use some furniture oil periodically to keep it in good condition.

8) a new Everlast chain-type swivel was fitted as well as the top and bottom steel plates that came with the unit. ( those plates were rusted, we cleaned them up and painted them with the same industrial black gloss enamel to give the whole thing a uniform look. )

so- all that is left to do is to screw the platform onto the 2 arms and it is ready to go.

Selling this beautiful vintage speedbag platform FOB Denver, Colorado.
          I am posting this prior to listing on ebay, we will have it up on Ebay soon.

SHIPPING - buyer can pick it up from my site in Littleton, Colorado. this unit weighs 320 pounds without a pallet. we will palletize the unit for shipping.
          shipping is the responsibility of the buyer, although I would just refer a company called Frieghtquote, which I have used, to get do the shipping.

so- rare, vintage, hard to find, excellent condition, the real deal. ready to rock and a Fightsports Speedbag is included with the price, as we as an Everlast hook-type swivel, also new. ( same bolt pattern as the chain type swivel that is installed on the platform now. )

This summer an unrefubished platform of the same type sold on ebay for $ 3K.
          I am asking $ 5500 or best cash offer ( or paypal )

Please contact me directly via email if interested.

thank you

Looster

Just listed on EBay - the link :

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

This is just absolutely gorgeous. I hope it finds a good home where lots of people can enjoy.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Saw it here...

Narragansett Machine Co.....

amazing work! Sure wish Donnie (Real Gymm) could get this...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...