X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cem326
    • Mar 2013

EBay - Narragansett Machine Co Platform

Maybe a once in a lifetime chance to own a legend! Probably the best platform ever built.

Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Zero feedback.

Comment

• Cem326
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      5,000 at this economy, more than an insane price for this platform. In fact no platform is worth that IMO...ralph
      It depends on your interest... Things are worth what people are willing to pay. My wife wouldn’t give you 50 cents for the finest speed bag but she sure would spend $50 on a purse.

This setup appears to need some love and is over my price point but appears complete. I design, engineer and fabricate things for a living and can tell you that it would probably cost you around this much if you wanted to remake this entire setup from scratch.

One also needs to take into account the rarity of the piece. A Narragansett bike machine sold at the James D. Julia auction for $9,200 a few years back!

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

We've seen these sell for much less, well under $1000 in most instances, $500, $190, one went for $50 minus the drum. One was listed for $12,000, don't think it sold though.

Comment

• Cem326
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          We've seen these sell for much less, well under $1000 in most instances, $500, $190, one went for $50 minus the drum. One was listed for $12,000, don't think it sold though.
          Everlast made a cheaper version of the Narragansett model not too long ago that they sold for $2,300!

Heck a 12-inch Balazs is a $1,000 and doesn’t have a quarter the mechanics of the Narragansett. Not to mention any of the rarity or nostalgia of the Narragansett setup. I think $5,000 is high but a complete setup for under thousand would be a steal!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

There were a pair of the Everlast Super Professional Platforms for $1200 each on Craigslist. I was tempted. You can get something lighter duty but similar at Title for $200 on sale. Not sure how well it will do with a 36" maple drum attached, though.
            Last edited by paranday; 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Cem326 View Post
              It depends on your interest... Things are worth what people are willing to pay. My wife wouldn’t give you 50 cents for the finest speed bag but she sure would spend $50 on a purse.

This setup appears to need some love and is over my price point but appears complete. I design, engineer and fabricate things for a living and can tell you that it would probably cost you around this much if you wanted to remake this entire setup from scratch.

One also needs to take into account the rarity of the piece. A Narragansett bike machine sold at the James D. Julia auction for $9,200 a few years back!
              Exactly. the "worth" of things is always personal. If you want something bad enough, if it means that much to you, people will pay the price.

I'd float a second mortgage to buy this speed bag stand.

Yep. sure would.
              Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                • Apr 2011

That is a beautiful set up. Classic design, old school engineering... would LOVE something like that, but agree the price point is a tad high. What world champion trained on that peice and where are the pics - think the seller is counting on the historical significance to drive the price. Sure, Ali trained on it... hmmm...

Would love to have a Narraganset though... sigh...
                -
                Owner/Operator
                www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Cem326
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                  That is a beautiful set up. Classic design, old school engineering... would LOVE something like that, but agree the price point is a tad high. What world champion trained on that peice and where are the pics - think the seller is counting on the historical significance to drive the price. Sure, Ali trained on it... hmmm...

Would love to have a Narraganset though... sigh...
                  Yeah, the world champion line seems like a sales pitch but who knows.

I never thought I would have two platforms but I know where one of these are in complete mint condition. I'm hoping I can get the older gentlemen to part with it at a reasonable price someday. To me it's like owning a part of history.

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

I re read the description, and I get the feeling that the seller wasn't saying that the platform he is selling was used by any noted boxer, just that this particular make of platform was.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...