• paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

$40 Everlast ball hook w/ platform

Attached Files
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

That one looks just like this one I just picked up locally off of craigslist. I got this setup for $35. I don't really need the gloves or wrist wraps but they came with the platform,swivel and bag. It's all in pretty much unused condition and I can see why. The Everlast 4214 bag is super heavy and had a plastic bladder in it. No wonder people get discouraged and quit.

fedora

Comment

• doss darwin
      • Dec 2012

bladder

had is past tense--did you replace--was wondering if that would improve the one i have enough to make it worth the time and effort of doing--thanks dd
      the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by doss darwin View Post
        had is past tense--did you replace--was wondering if that would improve the one i have enough to make it worth the time and effort of doing--thanks dd
        I pulled it out and put another one in and it helped it, but honestly I will probably never use it. It's just not a bag I can work with. I have so many others that have a better response and weight.

fedora

Comment

• doss darwin
          • Dec 2012

time

thanks--helps make up my mind on mine--dd
          the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
            I pulled it out and put another one in and it helped it, but honestly I will probably never use it. It's just not a bag I can work with. I have so many others that have a better response and weight.

fedora
            Exactly. That model (4214) pretty much sucked. Not sure why, I had red ones and brown ones, both equally dead. Eventually I used mine mainly for kicking since it hung down lower than the 4200 9x6.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...