X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

1930's (?) All Wooden Speed Bag Platform

Okay speed bag historians. Have you ever seen this speed bag platform before? It's located in Huntsburg, Ohio.

I just noticed that the auction is up in just a few hours! The only bid is at $23!

Here's the description:
    "This is a real piece of history !!!! I believe it used to hang at the Cleveland boxing gym back in the 30's ,40's .Many up and coming champs were said to have used it. It is is great condition and is still usable. (Just needs a swivel) Could used cleaned up, but excellent shape."

Attached Files
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Why can't I stop myself!

Well, it was just too tempting for me. I placed a bid on this. I mean, how could I NOT bid on it?

When I showed this to Trainer Raul, he said that's the kind of platform he worked out on as a kid in a San Diego gym back in the 60's.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      ...holly crap you are an addict, but it's a good addiction...ralph...btw i was born in the early sixties...papa is that you...lol
      You weren't born at Mercy Hospital in San Diego, were you?

Paranday once questioned my sensibilities regarding a bag I bought on ebay or Craigslist for $10. But, I think it came with an old Everlast swivel. Now, how could I pass that up?

…Sometimes, the addiction makes me do crazy things…

Comment

• AtTheCross
        • Dec 2012

lol on the addiction. I was hoping this wasn't going to be like my RC heli/airplane hobby where I 'had' to have different helis and planes. WRONG! I now have three bags, want another (atomic 4x6) and i'm looking at another platform on craigslist
        1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
        Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
        DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
        Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
        Retired Bags:
        Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Okay speed bag historians. Have you ever seen this speed bag platform before? It's located in Huntsburg, Ohio.

I just noticed that the auction is up in just a few hours! The only bid is at $23!

Here's the description:
          "This is a real piece of history !!!! I believe it used to hang at the Cleveland boxing gym back in the 30's ,40's .Many up and coming champs were said to have used it. It is is great condition and is still usable. (Just needs a swivel) Could used cleaned up, but excellent shape."

Hmm, looks like a Spalding, the era would be late 1920's on up to WWII. Post war models they eliminated the springs.

Comment

• AtTheCross
            • Dec 2012

@ventanakaz thanks for the tip
            1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
            Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
            Retired Bags:

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by atthecross View Post
              lol on the addiction. i was hoping this wasn't going to be like my rc heli/airplane hobby where i 'had' to have different helis and planes.
              Foolish thinking.

Be forewarned ATC... you might soon be selling your heli/airplane hobby on Craigslist in order to feed your new addiction!
              Last edited by MsDeville; 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM. Reason: added a comment.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Hmm, looks like a Spalding, the era would be late 1920's on up to WWII. Post war models they eliminated the springs.
                Well, I let it slip through my fingers...didn't win the auction. Somebody else got a cool piece of antique speed bag equipment.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Well, I let it slip through my fingers...didn't win the auction. Somebody else got a cool piece of antique speed bag equipment.
                  Just keep watching.... I see these listed on a regular basis (not at such a great price thought!).

....or.... just have Raul build you one!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• AtTheCross
                    • Dec 2012

Foolish thinking.

Be forewarned ATC... you might soon be selling your heli/airplane hobby on Craigslist in order to feed your new addiction!
                    LOL, too true

XMarkfitness platform
                    Retired Bags:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...