X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brother Cavefish
    • Jan 2011

Title pro-mex 9x6 new

i got a deal on this, but i really do not like it , the size says 9x6 but they are smaller actually 8x6---- a nice quality bag but i like more of a "hang" i will let it go for 25.00 and 3.00 shipping in the USA------- OBO
    PM me if interested
    Last edited by Brother Cavefish; 03-04-2011, 11:00 AM.
    Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

hey cavefish. i just purchased a ProMex 7x10, and found the bag to be a bit "dead" it doesn't have much spring to it. Mine sort of hits like a slab of raw meat. I was wondering if you found that to be the case with the 6x9 as well?

I am now working the leather in, i let most of the air out, and started kneading the leather like bread dough, and rolling it. HaHa. later i think i'll put ringside bladder in it to try to bring it back to life. it's my frankenstein bag.

I wanted to add this in the case your promex bag is a bit post-mortem, and if you don't find someone to buy it, you can maybe try HotRodding it a bit.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
      hey cavefish. i just purchased a ProMex 7x10, and found the bag to be a bit "dead" it doesn't have much spring to it. Mine sort of hits like a slab of raw meat. I was wondering if you found that to be the case with the 6x9 as well?

I am now working the leather in, i let most of the air out, and started kneading the leather like bread dough, and rolling it. HaHa. later i think i'll put ringside bladder in it to try to bring it back to life. it's my frankenstein bag.

I wanted to add this in the case your promex bag is a bit post-mortem, and if you don't find someone to buy it, you can maybe try HotRodding it a bit.
      no not dead, just too round, i am not a fan of small bags, i like the bigger ones, the smallest i go is 5 x8 and the ringside has a good hang, but truthfully i am not into the full blown speed, i like the power when it hits --
      the thump,
      6x9 gives me a decent speed and the 7x10 give me meat to nail

i want to get the bigger size Promex (black) or the title 7x10 i am also thinking of going for a Lonsdale medium which could be a good hit i heard its heavy

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Brother Cavefish View Post
        ...but truthfully i am not into the full blown speed, i like the power when it hits -- the thump, 6x9 gives me a decent speed and the 7x10 give me meat to nail
        I hope one day you can try an Everlast 4205. It's 13" x 10", has a nice rebound, and will shake the house.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Brother Cavefish View Post
          no not dead, just too round, i am not a fan of small bags, i like the bigger ones, the smallest i go is 5 x8 and the ringside has a good hang, but truthfully i am not into the full blown speed, i like the power when it hits --
          the thump,
          6x9 gives me a decent speed and the 7x10 give me meat to nail

i want to get the bigger size Promex (black) or the title 7x10 i am also thinking of going for a Lonsdale medium which could be a good hit i heard its heavy

the 7x10 promex is smaller than the 6x9 title standard, in fact, the the 7x10 promex is only slightly larger than the 5x8 title standard (the yellow one) it's very close in size to the 5x8. It seems any mexican bag , or bag in the mexican style, the sizes run one size, or more smaller. that's kinda odd. i have a picture or two of the 7x10 promex in my profile album next to other bags you would never guess it was a 7x10 if you didn't know it was the already.

if you want a big 7x10 i would go with the title standard, i would like to have that bag myself.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            the 7x10 promex is smaller than the 6x9 title standard, in fact, the the 7x10 promex is only slightly larger than the 5x8 title standard (the yellow one) it's very close in size to the 5x8. It seems any mexican bag , or bag in the mexican style, the sizes run one size, or more smaller. that's kinda odd. i have a picture or two of the 7x10 promex in my profile album next to other bags you would never guess it was a 7x10 if you didn't know it was the already.

if you want a big 7x10 i would go with the title standard, i would like to have that bag myself.
            i am getting one as we speak------------

Comment

• toolboxdiver
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2008

pm sent

Comment

• jumpcannon
                Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I hated my promex 9x6 at first. it took alot of hitting to bring it to life. now i can say i love it. its definately slower than some of my other bags but i can control it the best because of that. out of all my bags i miss hit this one the least. like i said it takes time to get the feel for it.....but when i am focusing on control, this bag takes lead. Its slower rebound gives me a little more time for hand/elbow positioning before the next hit. great bag and size for a beginner also.
                evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I really like the 9x6 ProMex, that is the bag I did most of my learning on. I've got the bigger ProMex (black) also, and I am really not a fan of that one. It is not a very big bag, but it hits pretty heavy. Putting a Ringside bladder in my 9x6 ProMex sped it up a little bit; I haven't tried it on the larger ProMex (10x7?)

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
                    • Jan 2011

if promex keeps it style the 7x10 will actually be 7x9------

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
                      • Jan 2011

i just got the Title black 7x10, thats a sweet bag heavy and thick, a real work out for the arms

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...