Freestanding platform, Minneapolis

No price given,

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/spo/2238262713.html

Image is of a "similar" model, see ad.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a classic case of false advertsing here. If you look at "his unit" on the ground you can see the horizontal angle Irons on top of the board and a single vertical pole coming from the middle. I'll take odds this is a cheap, flimsy single pole unit and not the Commercial Heavyduty Freestanding frame from Primefighter sports, which it appears he ripped off their picture.

not even close. buyer beware.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Looks like a classic case of false advertsing here. If you look at "his unit" on the ground you can see the horizontal angle Irons on top of the board and a single vertical pole coming from the middle. I'll take odds this is a cheap, flimsy single pole unit and not the Commercial Heavyduty Freestanding frame from Primefighter sports, which it appears he ripped off their picture.

not even close. buyer beware.
      Yeah, that is definitely NOT the model that guy is selling...

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

It's actually one of the first generation Ringside stands. They had them made at a local welding shop. They came out with them before Century and Everlast started selling the tubular frame ones. It sold for just under a $100 with the platform as I recall (you could buy it with out it). They had issues, not the least was the tendency for them to torque to the side when you really start to go to town. Also they required that you mount them on a piece of 3/4" ply for a base, or use three "rocks" on the base cross members for stability.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          It's actually one of the first generation Ringside stands. They had them made at a local welding shop. They came out with them before Century and Everlast started selling the tubular frame ones. It sold for just under a $100 with the platform as I recall (you could buy it with out it). They had issues, not the least was the tendency for them to torque to the side when you really start to go to town. Also they required that you mount them on a piece of 3/4" ply for a base, or use three "rocks" on the base cross members for stability.
          Actually now that I think of it, I had one just like it for a while. I used it at a few sporting good industry shows around Dallas in the mid 1990's. Gave it a way a few years ago. Extremely unstable and I had the thing cabled down in every direction to thick plywood base I used.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...