• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Like new Everlast adjustable platform, Livonia, MI - $50

I'm not familiar with this model platform, wonder what its vintage is?

Last edited by paranday; 01-15-2012, 12:49 PM.
  • SpeedKilz
    • Dec 2009

If you needed another name, you could be the Speedbag Hunter. You have found some serious stuff on Craigslist! Keep on huntin'!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      I'm not familiar with this model platform, wonder what its vintage is?

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/spo/1844444883.html
      I'd say 80s or 90s vintage?

Very interesting, notice how this person has converted this from a fixed height platform to an adjustable platform. They've made slots in wood with wing nuts. I wonder how secure that is?

What kind of wood working tool would be required to make that slot?

Maybe this is part of the puzzle for a cheap wood adjustable platform for SPEED B.A.G. II ???

Comment

• crapshoot
        • Apr 2010

I had the same thought Tim. The best tool would be a router, although a drill, chisel, and time would work too. Stack them and cut them at the same time.

EDIT: Check out the two (what appear to be carriage bolts) points in the middle of the upright pieces. What the owner may have done for extra security is used carriage bolts as pins in the wall. They probably adjusted it to the height they needed and then drilled through and placed the carriage bolts as stops. Still, it could be applied to the cage design by adding a couple of upright pieces between the 2x6 cross members at the top.
        Last edited by crapshoot; 07-16-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Tim, when you requested an inexpensive adjustable design, I couldn't think of anything. This idea seems worth testing - routing a slot in wood is a cheap solution that just might work.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Okay, this is putting the ol' gray matter to work, but I seem to recall that this is the intermediate platform that Everlast offered during the 80's. The wood mounting frame is what differentiates it from the standard starter set platform, which used the slotted metal mounts.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Okay, this is putting the ol' gray matter to work, but I seem to recall that this is the intermediate platform that Everlast offered during the 80's. The wood mounting frame is what differentiates it from the standard starter set platform, which used the slotted metal mounts.
              Exactly. I have the exact same board but in the "slotted metal mounts" and the overhead U-attachments had holes facing outward to allow bolts to go through the slots. I used this board in my training DVD's.

These non-adjustable lightweights have been around a long time. Interesting method they used to make it adjustable.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...