• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Narrengansett Platform on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31356965473...oAAOSwJI5gy4a8 Those of you that have stated in the past that you were looking for one of these, well here is one, local pick up only
  • JoMan2
    • Dec 2020

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    I sent him an offer. Alot more than what he's asking. I want this Platform !!! Hopefully he is willing to pack up the Platform and ship it to me, I compensated for the shipping it would cost to ship the Platform to me.
    Good luck! I hope that it goes through. Keep us updated!!!

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        I sent this guy multiple emails though ebay, I offered him 1000 dollars and he hasn't gotten back to me, He actually lowered the price too, Doesn't make sense, He can easily take it to DHL, UPS or any shipping company and still make extra money for his time, I don't get it, How can you not take double the price that your asking ???
        He could at least get back to you.Maybe there is something fishy about this platform.I did see he lowered the price and it seems very low for this kind of platform Idk.

Comment

• JoMan2
          • Dec 2020

There has to be some kind of gig service, app, something that you can have someone come over & pick this up and ship it to you.

Comment

• JordonC2
            • Jul 2021

Hi guys 1st post. I came to find a replacement for my 35+ year old Everlasting 4201, and I purchased a 100 year old speed bag platform.
            I live 15 minutes from the seller. I will keep you informed when I get it.
            Looking forward to referb. and getting it on the wall.
            Thanks again!
            Jordon

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

You are one of the fortunate few to own a Narragansett platform. Congratulations.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jul 2019

Originally posted by JordonC2 View Post
                Hi guys 1st post. I came to find a replacement for my 35+ year old Everlasting 4201, and I purchased a 100 year old speed bag platform.
                I live 15 minutes from the seller. I will keep you informed when I get it.
                Looking forward to referb. and getting it on the wall.
                Thanks again!
                Jordon
                Welcome to the forum. That’s one heck of a 1st post.Good luck with your platform.

Comment

• dad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2018

Welcome JordonC2,lot of great information and good people. ENJOY

Comment

• JordonC2
                    • Jul 2021

Well today makes 1 week since I hit the purchase now button to buy the platform. Radio silence from the seller. I know e-bay will refund my money, however I want the platform. I will stay the course until Monday. When I will have to order a Balazs Pro w/ 12" of adjustment and make my own drum. Stay tuned. I really hope this is an issue of a new ebay user who has better things to do and he makes contact soon!
                    The photo is the piece of wood I have for the drum. It is 2" thick and 30"x60". Figure I can double up and have a 30" drum 4" thick!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JordonC2; 07-21-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

The one time I got cheated on eBay the seller had already moved some of their money so I only got a partial refund from eBay/PayPal.

Comment

• JordonC2
                        • Jul 2021

Still no contact. I asked bay
                        to reach out and see if they can contact him.
                        I know the area well, might take a drive and see if I can locate his house. Then just knock on the door!
                        In the meantime I am working on a new drum.

Comment

• JoMan2
                          • Dec 2020

The guy probably saw my asking price for my (well-documented) NMC and rethought his own asking price???

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

I'm not sure what eBay's process is for cancelling a sale, either he had second thoughts about selling it, or selling it for what he was asking, The other is that it wasn't his to sell in the first place. He may be stalking the board too.

Comment

• JordonC2
                              • Jul 2021

Guys, eBay's process is simple. Let them know you didn't receive the item and they will check with buyer and then return your payment. eBay is setup to protect the buyer and puts all the risk on the seller. Plus you can use your credit card which offers another layer of protection.
                              If the item were a Rolex I could understand, but a NMC Speed bag platform? I have been hitting the speed bag for 40 years and I never heard of this until a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon this forum. This would be a very unusual choice of scam bate. Either way I contacted eBay and should have my money soon. The outcome is I spent my time waiting for a reply to build my own drum which I will attach to a Balazs SBP-12. Not as cool as the NMC but pretty close.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...