Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dad
    replied
    Beautiful piece of work. It's good to see someone take such good care of that "old timer".

Leave a comment:

• JoMan2
    replied
    What's your plan for the wood platform ? Were you able to get the height adjustment gears working ?

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Thought I'd give you an update. Stripped the platform down to the metal, 2 coats of oil based primer and many coats of oil based enamel paint. I expect to start on the wood this weekend.
    Here is a quick shot of the progress. Click image for larger version

Name:	0F998972-8C0C-448F-8415-5F2E4CBCBA37.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	127020

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    The swivel is a later addition, D&M Lucky Dog adjustable chain swivel. Wood looks immaculate.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Hah, I will eat my hat. That's great news!

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Got it.
    Unbelievable shape.
    Height adjustment is stuck but it has been sitting for a while.
    I am sure it just needs a little work.
    Came from a gym on State Street in Chicago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DD30213-1911-444E-AE56-70EDFF984BB6.png
Views:	298
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	126203Click image for larger version

Name:	2D3A89D6-5AF4-4143-B166-118B643B1924.png
Views:	272
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	126204

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Guys, eBay's process is simple. Let them know you didn't receive the item and they will check with buyer and then return your payment. eBay is setup to protect the buyer and puts all the risk on the seller. Plus you can use your credit card which offers another layer of protection.
    If the item were a Rolex I could understand, but a NMC Speed bag platform? I have been hitting the speed bag for 40 years and I never heard of this until a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon this forum. This would be a very unusual choice of scam bate. Either way I contacted eBay and should have my money soon. The outcome is I spent my time waiting for a reply to build my own drum which I will attach to a Balazs SBP-12. Not as cool as the NMC but pretty close.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    I'm not sure what eBay's process is for cancelling a sale, either he had second thoughts about selling it, or selling it for what he was asking, The other is that it wasn't his to sell in the first place. He may be stalking the board too.

Leave a comment:

• JoMan2
    replied
    The guy probably saw my asking price for my (well-documented) NMC and rethought his own asking price???

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Still no contact. I asked bay
    to reach out and see if they can contact him.
    I know the area well, might take a drive and see if I can locate his house. Then just knock on the door!
    In the meantime I am working on a new drum.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    The one time I got cheated on eBay the seller had already moved some of their money so I only got a partial refund from eBay/PayPal.

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Well today makes 1 week since I hit the purchase now button to buy the platform. Radio silence from the seller. I know e-bay will refund my money, however I want the platform. I will stay the course until Monday. When I will have to order a Balazs Pro w/ 12" of adjustment and make my own drum. Stay tuned. I really hope this is an issue of a new ebay user who has better things to do and he makes contact soon!
    The photo is the piece of wood I have for the drum. It is 2" thick and 30"x60". Figure I can double up and have a 30" drum 4" thick!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JordonC2; 07-21-2021, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Welcome JordonC2,lot of great information and good people. ENJOY

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Originally posted by JordonC2 View Post
    Hi guys 1st post. I came to find a replacement for my 35+ year old Everlasting 4201, and I purchased a 100 year old speed bag platform.
    I live 15 minutes from the seller. I will keep you informed when I get it.
    Looking forward to referb. and getting it on the wall.
    Thanks again!
    Jordon
    Welcome to the forum. That’s one heck of a 1st post.Good luck with your platform.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    You are one of the fortunate few to own a Narragansett platform. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...