• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

WANTED TO BUY Everlast 4205

I know this is a long shot, been searching for an Everlast 4205 in good condition for quite some time....no luck. If there is a member out there who possibly has one they are willing to part with, I’m interested.

J
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Good luck with that. I have also been searching for the 4205 with no luck. Also looking for some of those clean looking 4200’s that some of the forum members picked up awhile ago before I joined.This is part of bagging I like also putting together a nice bag lineup. It’s very addictive!!!!

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

its interesting how vintage bags some up on eBay in waves, it seams. Its been pretty stark lately, except for that 4202.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

Yes I have seen a few different size everlast bags,I just picked up a 4213 yesterday on eBay.I have not seen any of the 4202 or the 4205 bags.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jul 2019

I know I have seen a everlast speedbag size chart on this forum during my travels. Would like to see the size and shape difference between the 4202 and the 4205.

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Click image for larger version  Name:	1994-02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	117399 I would still love to get a 4204 while we are on the vintage subject. Long shot I'm sure!
            Last edited by Cazbag; 12-07-2019, 12:07 PM. Reason: Just to make BagBoy look

Comment

• Cazbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Click image for larger version  Name:	1994-Everlast Red leather training bags.jpg Views:	2 Size:	190.1 KB ID:	117401
              Last edited by Cazbag; 12-07-2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: It's a far cry from side by side comparison

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jul 2019

Yes there it is thanks Caz,love seeing those old bags , they are beauty’s.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

The 4202 is very close to the 4213 in size and performance. And, like all the 80s/90s Everlasts made in USA, the quality varies and tends to be better in the earlier years. I have so many 4200, 4202, and 4213 bags, I can really tell the difference and can pick out which ones are from the earlier years. I keep buying them hoping to get a nice early model. At some point I will start selling my unused collection.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jul 2019

When I started hitting the bag in early 80’s I went to my local sports store I bought the only bag they sold the4213 . I didn’t realize the leather was different through the years. I love the shape of that bag.thanks

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jun 2019

Is there a speed bag museum somewhere? Maybe we need to go the Ocean’s 11 route?

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jul 2019

I’m only in if BagBoy is in!!!!!Bag Boy has the strength
                        Last edited by Mickey Dix; 12-08-2019, 06:30 AM. Reason: He can bring the molsons

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

The 4205 for what ever reason is the most difficult to find, followed by the 4207, then the 4213. I have one 4205 from what I estimate the 1960's,with a tan leather. I have one from the later 1980's. The earlier one is the most fun to hit of the two. I have two 4207, one that I bought new in 1981, and the other off of eBay that is from the 1960's. As typical with the long neck bags they are slow, making them ideal for a beginner. Both of these really need a 30" platform. The older one was probably used on a 24" rebound ring from the marks on he belly of the bag. Like what has been posted above, for what ever reason these two bags show up on eBay periodically, at about the same time. Being intended for the institutional market there probably wasn't a lot of them sold. Plus they were expensive, compare the prices with the pro line, and the others.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

FWIW, the 4207 fits nicely on my 26" platform. All my bags do.

@ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              The 4205 for what ever reason is the most difficult to find, followed by the 4207, then the 4213. I have one 4205 from what I estimate the 1960's,with a tan leather. I have one from the later 1980's. The earlier one is the most fun to hit of the two. I have two 4207, one that I bought new in 1981, and the other off of eBay that is from the 1960's. As typical with the long neck bags they are slow, making them ideal for a beginner. Both of these really need a 30" platform. The older one was probably used on a 24" rebound ring from the marks on he belly of the bag. Like what has been posted above, for what ever reason these two bags show up on eBay periodically, at about the same time. Being intended for the institutional market there probably wasn't a lot of them sold. Plus they were expensive, compare the prices with the pro line, and the others.
                              Thanks Dutchman for the reviews of that era bags.I started in the early 80’s with the 4213 then the 4200 and that was it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...