X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Oh yes the miming, I did that alot at work while going through the phase of learning SDP! I let a few coworkers in on what I was doing but left most to draw their own conclusions. They would shake their heads and shrug chalking it up as my normal conversations w/ myself! Don't put the crappy label on where you are at cuz it is far from that! Now let's see some elbows!

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
      Oh yes the miming, I did that alot at work while going through the phase of learning SDP! I let a few coworkers in on what I was doing but left most to draw their own conclusions. They would shake their heads and shrug chalking it up as my normal conversations w/ myself! Don't put the crappy label on where you are at cuz it is far from that! Now let's see some elbows!
      Thanks for the kind words, I'm trying. I'm still on the bigger bag with it (which likes to hit my face on reverse rolls), but I feel like I can comfortably mix it in with the other basic things I can do. Dropping my hands still, but I feel like its improved. Here is a small clip from this evenings session.

I'm not trying to keep the beat here. Just felt like a Hall and Oats night.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

I triple checked the above YouTube link, cant seem to get it going. This link should work.

Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-09-2019, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Cazbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

You are a pretty quick study I would say, only being a few months in, maybe 4ish? Keep throwing what u got out there and learning from it, 6 months from now be churning out some classics!

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jun 2019

You are a pretty quick study I would say, only being a few months in, maybe 4ish? Keep throwing what u got out there and learning from it, 6 months from now be churning out some classics!
            My first FCP was landed on Apr. 27th. At that time I didn't know that was a FCP and I thought it was the ONLY punch ( I actually took a short video, at the time I thought it was an accomplishment). I did FCPs for a couple weeks and then stumbled across the King doing some sort of wizardry to DeBarge 'Rhythm of the Night' on YouTube. After I lifted my jaw up off the ground back to the hitting position for my FCP ((LFT*JAW *UP)(FCP)''' written out) I decided I must attempt to learn this magic. You know how it goes from there.

As always thanks, but I have no illusions of ever putting out 'classics' like you ripping on that small Cleto, or ZaZa punch drumming (so great!). I'm currently just trying to add the basics and iron them out. Then figuring out how to efficiently link the new movements in with what I know.

Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-11-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Have you bought zaza's "The Art of the Bag"?
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                Have you bought zaza's "The Art of the Bag"?
                I looked for it on a Roku search a few weeks ago and couldn't find any options to buy. Unfortunately, I dont have a DVD player anymore. I'm sure I would love it.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Just buy & watch it online http://www.artofthebag.com/buy-now/
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jun 2019

Just buy & watch it online http://www.artofthebag.com/buy-now/
                    Thanks, I'll check it out there

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jun 2019

Two days in on elbows!

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Hell damn yeah! Your grooving them right in there, nice directional change and rotation of your fists coming off of the elbow. A Skunky/ G-Town tip for quadruple elbow strikes that helps a ton is to pull in and tuck your fists close to chest, a must when elbow usage expands. Keep them updates rolling, some Louisville sluggin!

Comment

• BagBoy
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2018

Ditto on what Caz said.

If I may add one thing; If you watch your video you'll see that you're dropping your hands (arms) way down, almost to your waist sometimes. If you tighten up your workstation and keep things (fists) closer to the bagging area you won't have to travel as far back to begin your next combo.. or wherever you feel like going with any particular set. I had to really tighten things up and once I did it really helped.

Cheers Bud
                          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jun 2019

As always, thanks guys! I noticed the low hands. That always seems to be my problem when learning something new. I focus more on hitting the bag square, than I do on hand position. I'll be working on it!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

It really pains me to see your really good bagging skills on that really good platform under that oh-so-awesome swivel going to waste on that really really under your talents bag. OMG! Please get a bag that does not hurt my eyes so much!
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Jun 2019

It really pains me to see your really good bagging skills on that really good platform under that oh-so-awesome swivel going to waste on that really really under your talents bag. OMG! Please get a bag that does not hurt my eyes so much!
                                Haha! Ahhh yes, the dreaded 4210. I didn't even realize what bag I grabbed. I'm searching everywhere for a 4200. I'm pretty sure you have them all? Anyway, trying to keep the hands up this evening. This 4213 is a little better, I think?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...