• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Side Double Punch

here's some Side Double Punch (SDP), as described in the Speed Bag Bible. Alan helped me with this move when he was at my house back in May I was about to go under the knife back then so I hadn't practiced this until recently again.

Comments welcome from anyone who cares to comment. I put lots of slow motion in there at the end ... I also miss the first punch so hang in there, it gets better As with all the double punches, the secret is moving both hands as one movement.

One thing I noticed from Alan's commentary is that I often don't make a full fist when punching... not sure why but I need to work on that. You can see my index finger extended in the second half of the video

As far the sound in the background, my wife was talking to my son, who is getting into the x-mas spirit. He's belting out "Frosty the snowman" at some point... it makes for some creepy sound effects in the extreme slow motion!
    Last edited by Tim; 12-07-2007, 06:04 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Your arm positions, movements and elbows are exactly as they should be.

Looks and sounds great.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Great video Tim. I'll give that ago now I seen it in slow motion.

Cheers.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Do you have the speed bag bible?

The way it's defined in the bible , it's a FCP (Front Circle Punch) followed by an opposite hand Side Single Punch (SSP).

Keeping that in mind should help you pick it up. You're not actually hitting the side with both fists, the first fist hits more on the front. The 2nd fist can hit the side or the side more towards the rear.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Tim, I'm afraid i don't have the bible, yet. I looked recently, to see if i could purchase in the UK, but had no luck. The bible is very reasonably priced, but by time I have paid postage and tax, it turns out pretty expensive for us Brit's. I purchased a 5X8" title bag and swivel from Title that ended up costing about £50/$100 in total after postage and tax. Tax alone was £18/$36. However, after the New Year, I will purchase the bible.

Thanks for the advice Tim.
          Last edited by ukspeedbag; 12-08-2007, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• speedbag4life
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            One thing I noticed from Alan's commentary is that I often don't make a full fist when punching... not sure why but I need to work on that. You can see my index finger extended in the second half of the video
            who knows, it may be that your loose fists have allowed you to punch slower and softer (not just talking about the slo-mo here). your control over the bag is really good, possible thanks to training with those loose fists/slow hits. definitely a good idea to tighten it up, but it doesn't seem to have done you any harm to this point.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...