X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

New ninja video!

Heres a clip showing most of the things I can do on the bag. Started out slow then picked up the pace. Hope you enjoy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
    Heres a clip showing most of the things I can do on the bag. Started out slow then picked up the pace. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSrIqTtLveI

VERY NICE WORK. I hope others really see this, for your video really emphasis control over speed. Most of this clip you're just hitting easy with the weight of your hands pretty much moving the bag, and you do some really nice, smooth combinations. That does take movement and bag control, because you have to keep everything at the constant (slow) speed. It is often a little harder to control combo's like you're doing slowly, particularly the Downward Triple Elbow Strikes (D-TES) with second fist linking continuously like you did. I also like how you pass both fists through to reverse after a Front Double Punch (FDP), then come back with one fist in a Reverse Single Punch (RSP), and leave the other arm out, extended, waiting to come in. That also takes control and a planned anticipation of what you are going to do next.

All in all, a nice show of skills. Particularly in such a dark room, or maybe your camera has a manual iris and it needs adjusting. ?? (just wondering, cause you clips are usually a little dark)
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Just finished watching your video for the 3rd time. Iike your style and control.

Great video.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great stuff. Really nice elbows

I watched it several times as well, really wide range of techniques you've got there, all seamlessly woven together.

That is an excellent video tutorial you've made there.

In regards to the light level, I've found that anytime indoors I've got to have a blinding shop light (2 of them actually) right on me for the camcorder to shoot well.
        Last edited by Tim; 12-04-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

What size bag is that?

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Looookinnnnng goooood.

Still, I don't know what looks better, your hitting or your platform. That's the best looking wood for a platform I've ever seen.

You know what would be interesting; have a slow hit combo contest.

In motorcycling, especially police moto officers, they have a slow race. Who can go from point A to point B the slowest. It takes a LOT of control to do it.

So who can do the combos just fast enough to keep the bag moving through them? Anyway, it's different.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Awesome video Ninja!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• ninja420
                • Jan 2007

Wow thanks for all the encouraging words you guys are great! Tim its my lopsided everlast 6x9

Comment

• ninja420
                  • Jan 2007

New Lighting

hope you enjoy this one a little more Alan. I made this video becuase as I was hitting the bag on X mas I could almost feel my self getting better. I started thinking to my self ...man Im BAD ASS.... so I started recording and found out that was not the case lol. I love the video camera! I lets me show you guys and get help. It also shows me what im realy looking and sounding like wich some times is nothining like what it looks and sounds like in my head

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

hope you enjoy this one a little more Alan. I made this video becuase as I was hitting the bag on X mas I could almost feel my self getting better. I started thinking to my self ...man Im BAD ASS.... ...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtp96cYZ2w
                    Bad Ass indeed! You are really improving! That is an incredible mix of combinations, complete with single and double fist linking, nice reverse techniques (love that single fist holding out in reverse position-to come back in later..), super Outward and Downward Triple elbows with second fist linking through, several complicated rotations of the fist in the Reverse Double Punch (RDP), and a bunch of split fist and double-split fist combo's. You kept a nice medium speed rhythm, keeping it all the same speed and power.

My suggestions:

1. Don't worry about your speed, or trying to go faster for faster's sake. You're doing this on what looks to be a 10x7 bag, and you will automatically be faster when you take it to a smaller bag. Trying to go faster will only create unneeded tension in your arms and shoulders. You've got really nice arm position and smooth movements. Don't muke it up with needless tension.

2. Keep working on a few more variations: on your Triple Elbow Strikes, now add continuous lead fist linking. (* note you will be repeating the technique with the same arm when you do this, not alternating arms.)

3. Start "advancing" your Triple Elbow Strikes by connecting a Front Fist Roll to the end. You do this by allowing the last fist that hits in the Elbow Strike to act as the first fist of the Fist Roll. Basically, you will be connecting the Fist Roll to the Elbow Strike after only one rebound instead of three, but it's easier to just start that Roll with the last fist in the Triple Elbow Strike.

4. Start using some Double Elbow Strikes in with with double punches. It creates a sound "echo" of double beat techniques.

5. In your split fists, when you hold it for 4 or 5 punches, change your front hand to a Front Straight Punch (FSP) position. It is a more natural movement. You can easily change it to the side Front Circle Position (FCP) when you want to link it through to behind.

Also, Begin using the Reverse Fist Roll (R-Roll) and perhaps some Side Punching.

When you start mixing in some Side Double Punches, (SDP) you will be doing the full monty - and then you can look at the bag and say: "I'm really starting to understand you..."

(then, we're off to the really advanced stuff...)

Great Progress! Yes, I like it. Actually, I like it a lot.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
                      • Jan 2007

RIght on Alan thanks for the extensive write up. I really needed it because I wasnt shure what to start practicing next. the only thing is the bag is a 5x8 topcontender not 10x7. so does that make me slow

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

RIght on Alan thanks for the extensive write up. I really needed it because I wasnt shure what to start practicing next. the only thing is the bag is a 5x8 topcontender not 10x7. so does that make me slow
                        That is a 5x8. Wow, you could have fooled me (actually, you did...)

does it make you slow?.

No, it makes you controlled. NEVER worry about speed. Actually, it is even harder to do some of the combo's you are doing slowly on an 8x5 bag. That shows control and really smooth movements, for an 8x5 is much harder to control than a 10x7.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2008

great video really enjoyed it

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...