• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Arc Swivel video and review

Yesterday I hit on BRDelacruz's stainless steel swivel, and today I hit on the Arc Fuel ball hook swivel. I must hand it to our two members, they have created two high quality swivels at a time when only really one is being offered by the big manufacturers. There are some other ball hooks out there, but they are mostly cheap ones. And Everlast doesn't even list their plastic ball hook on their website, you have to call up to order it, and it needs some mods to it like gluing in the eyelet piece.

Thanks to both members for your products, and I recommend to buy both! In my opinion you can never have enough back ups since you never know when they will stop being made.

• rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Thank you, jaja for the excellent in-depth review. The only clarification I would like to make is, if you buy my Arc swivel, you are not supporting me, you are supporting the Arctic Spirit Rescue (#ArcticSpiritRescue). 100% of the sale goes to the dogs, I don't see a dime. In fact, it costs me quite a bit of time and money to make them, so please don't order to many.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• brdelacruz
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      Yesterday I hit on BRDelacruz's stainless steel swivel, and today I hit on the Arc Fuel ball hook swivel. I must hand it to our two members, they have created two high quality swivels at a time when only really one is being offered by the big manufacturers. There are some other ball hooks out there, but they are mostly cheap ones. And Everlast doesn't even list their plastic ball hook on their website, you have to call up to order it, and it needs some mods to it like gluing in the eyelet piece.

Thanks to both members for your products, and I recommend to buy both! In my opinion you can never have enough back ups since you never know when they will stop being made.

The swivel, bags and your skill in bagging are all great!
      I wish I can hit as good as you.
      Very nice review Jamieson! Thanks again!🍻
      Butch

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Great video! I have the white one.. Going to get the red as a backup. Can't go wrong with the ARC swivel. BTW I cut a thin piece of duct tape about an inch and half long and wrapped it around the eyelet and that completely silenced the knocking so all I hear is bag and board when hitting a smaller bag.

How long have you had the doorframe mount up there? Do you find that it's any louder in regards to house vibrations than your main platform?
        Last edited by BagBoy; 10-24-2018, 10:57 PM. Reason: doorfarame question
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Focus people! #ArcSwivel review thread here! I could go on all day about the Arc swivel. What do you people think?
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            Focus Bagboy!

Sorry, my bad. Not sure if you got it but I also sent you a pm a few weeks ago about how much I liked your swivel. It replaced my forza on one of my main platforms. I don't know that I could expand on jaja's review.. I would encourage others to get their mitts on one or two of your swivels.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I was jk, no worries!

"It's all love." - Mike Tyson
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

A brand new baby Arc Jazz is taking form on the 3D printer right now. Cute little feller.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• G-Town
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Arc's on the board

Nice work Jaja! Swivels are tested with skills to match. Awesome demo my bag brother! see you at SBX

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Oh, I forgot to mention tribology in response to your review.

Even though I am an engineer, this word was new to me when I learned it recently at the ripe age of 51.

I was pretty excited to learn not only the world, but about the field of study that really cuts to the heart of speed bag swivel design. I think understanding the basics of tribology can help you make that "next level" swivel.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Oh, I forgot to mention tribology in response to your review.

Even though I am an engineer, this word was new to me when I learned it recently at the ripe age of 51.

I was pretty excited to learn not only the world, but about the field of study that really cuts to the heart of speed bag swivel design. I think understanding the basics of tribology can help you make that "next level" swivel.
                      That's a great word. I'm not an engineer but appreciate tribology.

The swivel I currently use was inspired by a late 1800s design. It consists of a lube free stainless ball bearing and a paracord. loop to attach the bag loop to an eyebolt where the paracord glides in an arc freely to permit bag movement. With zero lube frictional losses are low and bags rebound like crazy. However, it could likely be improved. Could punch a hole in the top center of the bag loop, run a single cord and attach it through the bore of a lube free bearing. That arrangement may be more ideally omnidirectional and eliminate the eyebolt.. The swivel in the photo is omnidirectional in practice; it relies on the low inertia of the bearing / eyebolt to keep things sorted.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

I'm not sure I understand your design with just that one view. Was the pic taken while it was attached to the platform? why are the 4 countersunk holes empty? What is that washer with the socket head cap screw? Is the bearing friction fit into the wood block?
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

I'm not sure I understand your design with just that one view. Was the pic taken while it was attached to the platform? why are the 4 countersunk holes empty? What is that washer with the socket head cap screw? Is the bearing friction fit into the wood block?
                          That photo was of it off platform. The photo below shows it attached to a Balazs 24" drum with the Title big blue bag. I had the bearing friction fit but it would pop out which is why the washer was added to restrain the edge of the bearing. The swivel looks crude, it was built in an afternoon years ago, never got around to making a finished version. It works. I mentioned it for the idea of using paracord as a swinging rotating element. I don't know how to do that without either altering the bag loop or attaching a paracord loop to each bag (as illustrated) to get the quick bag change feature. Maybe the ball hook is the ideal form for a swivel. But paracord is quiet and long lasting and super lightweight and the friction in this usage is very low.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by paranday; 11-01-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

I think I understand now. That is a nice setup.
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• JoMan
                              • Nov 2016

Paranday,

Do you have a link to buy the bearing & bolt combo to make this "swivel" ?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...