Some pics until I get a video cam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007
    • 1514

    Some pics until I get a video cam

    Here some pics I took today, hope these will do until I get my hands on a video cam!!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

    • Feb 2006
    • 7107

    #2
    Nice shots. I really like that old style chain link swivel. The newer ones are large, slow and clunky.

    Nice set up also.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment

    • metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007
      • 1514

      #3
      Thanks Alan, I'm considering trying out the Everlast ball hook swivel. The biggest complaint about my setup is winter! Like I said , I make do with the space being small, but Chicago winters can be a bear!! I have a space heater but it takes a while to warm up.I'll figure out a way to improvise. Oh, I got your book yesterday!!
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

        • Feb 2006
        • 7107

        #4
        Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Thanks Alan, I'm considering trying out the Everlast ball hook swivel. The biggest complaint about my setup is winter! Like I said , I make do with the space being small, but Chicago winters can be a bear!! I have a space heater but it takes a while to warm up.I'll figure out a way to improvise. Oh, I got your book yesterday!!
        Chicago, huh? My nephew lives there. Actually, he resides in Downtown Bagdad presently, but his Illinois national guard unit is due back next month. With a little luck, I'll be up there next year for a conference and visit.

        As for the book, I suggest you read it in the order presented, for the written exercises get more and more complicated as you go through. It will really help to understand the technique abbreviations, for by the time you get to the "Side" Chapter (9), the exercises get pretty complicated - unless you are familiar with the system. (then it's a lot easier). The book has a lot more "extra" info than the single 2hr video.

        Let me know how it goes.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment

        • Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


          • Jan 2006
          • 3427

          #5
          Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          The biggest complaint about my setup is winter! Like I said , I make do with the space being small, but Chicago winters can be a bear
          That's one of the nice aspects of the bag, it doesn't take much room.

          I have the opposite problem in regards to temperature - summers (FL) are too hot!

          Comment

          • Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006
            • 750

            #6
            Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            Thanks Alan, I'm considering trying out the Everlast ball hook swivel. The biggest complaint about my setup is winter! Like I said , I make do with the space being small, but Chicago winters can be a bear!! I have a space heater but it takes a while to warm up.I'll figure out a way to improvise. Oh, I got your book yesterday!!
            Hey metaldad, I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of you in Bloomington. As Alan already said, he's tentatively going to be in your neck of the woods next summer and we've talked about a get together then. Maybe we can all get together?

            Comment

            • metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007
              • 1514

              #7
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Chicago, huh? My nephew lives there. Actually, he resides in Downtown Bagdad presently, but his Illinois national guard unit is due back next month. With a little luck, I'll be up there next year for a conference and visit.

              As for the book, I suggest you read it in the order presented, for the written exercises get more and more complicated as you go through. It will really help to understand the technique abbreviations, for by the time you get to the "Side" Chapter (9), the exercises get pretty complicated - unless you are familiar with the system. (then it's a lot easier). The book has a lot more "extra" info than the single 2hr video.

              Let me know how it goes.
              Thanks for the info on the book! I new there was a reason I got the book first. As for your nephew, we'll pray for his safe return
              sigpic

              Comment

              • metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007
                • 1514

                #8
                Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                Hey metaldad, I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of you in Bloomington. As Alan already said, he's tentatively going to be in your neck of the woods next summer and we've talked about a get together then. Maybe we can all get together?
                That could be a possibility. Hopefully I can take the time off from work. I've been to Normal which is pretty close to Bloomington right?
                sigpic

                Comment

                • metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 1514

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  That's one of the nice aspects of the bag, it doesn't take much room.

                  I have the opposite problem in regards to temperature - summers (FL) are too hot!
                  ahhhh Florida!!1 I have a cousin who lives in Clearwater. The only part of Florida I ever saw was the Miami airport customs when I came back from Jamaica at the Millenium
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 750

                    #10
                    Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    That could be a possibility. Hopefully I can take the time off from work. I've been to Normal which is pretty close to Bloomington right?
                    Bloomington & Normal are pretty much one in the same.

                    Comment

                    • ninja420
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 173

                      #11
                      metaldad you are DIESEL! If I was that bag I would be scared Im suprised you dont find that bag hiding in the corner when you go in your basment LOL.

                      PS. cant wait to see some video.

                      Comment

                      • metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 1514

                        #12
                        Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
                        metaldad you are DIESEL! If I was that bag I would be scared Im suprised you dont find that bag hiding in the corner when you go in your basment LOL.

                        PS. cant wait to see some video.
                        Thanks but remeber, the camera ADDS a few pounds LOL.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 1514

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                          Bloomington & Normal are pretty much one in the same.
                          I remember that now. We discussed this before. I'm actually in Hickory Hills about 20mins sw of downtown.I'm 10 minutes from the new Toyota park where the Chicago Fire play AND where Eric Clapton's Crossroads festival was that I sadly missed oh well, somebody's gotta pay the bills
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...