X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

New Speed bag work

This is me hittin the speed bag at the gym after 4 rounds of sparring and 3 rounds on the Heavy Bag. In the video im doing the boxing style because thats what my Coach makes us do.

* All Comments are welcome*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ypV_W-sZb8
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

great moves!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
      This is me hittin the speed bag at the gym after 4 rounds of sparring and 3 rounds on the Heavy Bag.

In the video im doing the boxing style because thats what my Coach makes us do.

Exactly right. The bag belly appears to be at your forehead or a bit higher. You are reaching UP to hit the bag, you're punching by using large circling movements from the shoulder and when you make bag contact your elbow is well below your fist. Not the most effective method for passing the fists through or hitting from anywhere else but the front of the bag, and almost impossible to use the elbows.

Very typical Boxer speed bag workout. Nothing wrong with that and it has been the accepted speed bag training mantra for decades in boxing. The only reason I mention is to explain how that bag positionand the punching movements required to punch iteffects other punching opportunities on the speed bag.

But you got it going really well. Good rhythm and timing. Hope we can get a better quality video of it in the future.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Exactly right. The bag belly appears to be at your forehead or a bit higher. You are reaching UP to hit the bag, you're punching by using large circling movements from the shoulder and when you make bag contact your elbow is well below your fist. Not the most effective method for passing the fists through or hitting from anywhere else but the front of the bag, and almost impossible to use the elbows.

Very typical Boxer speed bag workout. Nothing wrong with that and it has been the accepted speed bag training mantra for decades in boxing. The only reason I mention is to explain how that bag positionand the punching movements required to punch iteffects other punching opportunities on the speed bag.

But you got it going really well. Good rhythm and timing. Hope we can get a better quality video of it in the future.
        Thanks alot guys! When Im at home I do more of a trick style but when I boxing I do the boxing style

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
          This is me hittin the speed bag at the gym after 4 rounds of sparring and 3 rounds on the Heavy Bag. In the video im doing the boxing style because thats what my Coach makes us do.

looks good. Ican barely keep my arms up after three rounds of shadow boxing
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...