• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Continuous Triples

I was unable to play any music to drum to today so practiced some triple strikes instead.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
    I was unable to play any music to drum to today so practiced some triple strikes instead.

Nice, ....did I see FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RSP

or S-TES ' ' SDP ' RSP ' ' .....

Also have a RDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RSP

Last edited by Speedbag; 06-27-2015, 11:50 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
      • Oct 2014

Great style and progress as always brotha. Your coming along quick!

Comment

• G-Town
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

on a mission!

Seaweed man you go with your bad self! your dedication to the bag is paying off...Keep the bags inflated. The ring of honor on your board is awesome.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
          Seaweed man you go with your bad self! your dedication to the bag is paying off...Keep the bags inflated. The ring of honor on your board is awesome.
          He could definitely come out to the G-Town "truck" for a break.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Oi stop it, you are making me blush! Thanks for the props though. That's good feedback for me. Dedication is probably a good word for it. My wife thinks I am addicted and obsessed too, I'd say I am enthusiastic. But either way I am just getting started.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Oi stop it, you are making me blush! Thanks for the props though. That's good feedback for me. Dedication is probably a good word for it. My wife thinks I am addicted and obsessed too, I'd say I am enthusiastic. But either way I am just getting started.
              Call it what you may...you're addicted! Great stuff & too much fun.
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2015

Some triples on the vert bag to keep my thread going. And my addiction

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Somewhere In something I wrote or said, I would call those "echo rhythms", for each is an echo (sounds exactly alike) but each combination looks different.

ps: they often work great in Punch Drumming, so the view sees your fists and elbows all over the place, but the "beat" remains the same.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2015

This one is a bit of a twister. The changing the fist order of the first punch in the reverse fist roll makes it a challenge. But alternating fists sets up the elbow on the other side of the body so it can flow.
                    A three punch monty from the reverse would work in this one but that will change the fist-elbow order? Back to the bag I go.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2015

This one is a bit of a twister. The changing the fist order of the first punch in the reverse fist roll makes it a challenge. But alternating fists sets up the elbow on the other side of the body so it can flow.
                      A three punch monty from the reverse would work in this one but that will change the fist-elbow order? Back to the bag I go.
                      Here is the 3-punch monty into that combo like I was talking about. Fist and elbow order remained the same but the fun increased by 27.53% .

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Here is the 3-punch monty into that combo like I was talking about. Fist and elbow order remained the same but the fun increased by 27.53% .
                        OK, try this variation. off the double bump double elbow, let the next (other fist) follow (making it an O-TES off the double bump elbow..) and do a 3 punch monty of the FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RSP or RDP to start combo again. Turn that RDP into a R-Roll x3 (add on punch) and do the RDP ' SSP to the to the other side of the bag, rotating the double bump elbow to the other arm.

Rather than try to explain it , I wrote some variations out for you.

Just for fun.....
                        Attached Files
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          OK, try this variation. off the double bump double elbow, let the next (other fist) follow (making it an O-TES off the double bump elbow..) and do a 3 punch monty of the FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RSP or RDP to start combo again. Turn that RDP into a R-Roll x3 (add on punch) and do the RDP ' SSP to the to the other side of the bag, rotating the double bump elbow to the other arm.

Just for fun.....
                          This is awesome! thanks Alan! Looking forward to having a go at these.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Just for fun.....
                            I hit the first of those tricky combos you wrote. I had to focus to get the sequence correct to be able to repeat it continuously. Quite complicated! I went for the first one, RDP'SSP'O-SES'O-TES'SSP''SDP'RDP'SSP.. repeat. Gnarly. Getting the right elbow straight in there after the right SSP on one rebound was the key part. Thinking of those two connections with the bag as a one piece was the way to go. Borderline between it being an O-TES and an I-TES at that range of motion? Then it was a matter of listening for 8 accented beats, 2 un punched rebounds, then 5 accented beats. 8,2,5,2,8,2,5,2. But I wonder, did you mean for the combo to be those 8 parts, two rebounds then the 8 parts repeated, eg RDP'SSP'O-SES'O-TES'SSP''SDP' RDP'SSP'O-SES'O-TES'SSP''SDP. Either way I loved the challenge of hitting it exactly as you wrote it for me. smile emoticon! Thanks so much for the inspiration..

Comment

• Walker808
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Oct 2015

Hight

I just added a vertical bag and was wondering if their is a certain hight off the ground , that is recommend , as for right now I have it center swivel at my belt hight. ( looks as if your using island pine logs , Norfolk or cook ? ) great idea. Thanks for the video , you make it look a lot easier than it is !! Thank you

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...