• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Fist Roll variations with SSP

Keeping direction the same, switching the roll from front to rear ..

Same rolling, adding a SSP''SDP' back to the roll...

Rolling reverse direction R-Roll ' SSP ' F-Roll ' SSP ' Reverse R-Roll...

-Quote-* To really master the Reverse Direction Rolls I also think you should trying single and double fist linking "from" and "to" the reverse direction Roll. Try this: Do a Front Fist Roll, then reverse the direction. Now from the reverse direction Roll, link a single fist through the bag and return doing the same reverse direction Roll. Do it with both fists. Now, link both fists through from the Reverse Direction Front Fist Roll. Kind of like doing a Reverse Double Punch (RDP), double fist link to Front Fist Roll (F-Roll) reverse direction. -Quote.

I am still mentally digesting this paragraph. Looks like I missed out trying the double and single fist pass throughs and instead ended up passing the fist through to fist rolling . There is always tomorrow.
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Couldn't wait for tomorrow.

A few single and double fist pass throughs from the reverse direction R-Roll and back in.

Chur.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
      Keeping direction the same, switching the roll from front to rear ..

Same rolling, adding a SSP''SDP' back to the roll...

Rolling reverse direction R-Roll ' SSP ' F-Roll ' SSP ' Reverse R-Roll...

-Quote-* To really master the Reverse Direction Rolls I also think you should trying single and double fist linking "from" and "to" the reverse direction Roll. Try this: Do a Front Fist Roll, then reverse the direction. Now from the reverse direction Roll, link a single fist through the bag and return doing the same reverse direction Roll. Do it with both fists. Now, link both fists through from the Reverse Direction Front Fist Roll. Kind of like doing a Reverse Double Punch (RDP), double fist link to Front Fist Roll (F-Roll) reverse direction. -Quote.

I am still mentally digesting this paragraph. Looks like I missed out trying the double and single fist pass throughs and instead ended up passing the fist through to fist rolling. There is always tomorrow.
      passing both fists through to a fist roll on the other side is often more difficult than just passing through and returning. Tip: When you pass a single fist "figure 8", (through and return to the same side of bag that it started from....) it is easier to let that same fist lead the next technique when it comes back to it's original position. So, If you are doing a F-Roll and pass your RIGHT fist through to RSP then return to front, let that Right fist lead whatever your do. If you return to the front to a Fist Roll, you can go "regular" or "Reverse Direction" and it will still lead. the main thing is that fist will either hit and go "downward" (normal) or "upward" (reverse direction fist roll). and the left fist must follow going in the same direction, usually.

Also, When doing fist rolls, either side, let one fist go to other side and maintain split fist combo. that is a good way to learn to separate the hands.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

Thanks Ventanakaz! I was hoping someone did. I have learned a lot from watching your vids, got my sideways elbows going after seeing yours, found it helpful as. In fact I have never seen live speed bagging, all of my learning has come from the SBB, this forum, more SBB and watching youtube. Many thanks to everyone for helping me with my addiction.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Great work on the bag, SSM! You're just clicking along on your progress. You definitely have the addiction. How do you like the Title bag?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Great work on the bag, SSM! You're just clicking along on your progress. You definitely have the addiction. How do you like the Title bag?
            I like the title bag a lot. I have tried 3 bags now. First was the red one in the background, it's 11x8 roughly. Real nice and bouncy and good to learn on. Then I got the black banana shape one. It got me going again after I burst the red. But I was never frothing on that bag. Then I got the title sent in.
            I liked it as soon as I got it out of the packaging. Putting an orange Title replacement bladder in made it way faster, then I was very happy. Took a day to re-learn the timing and figure out the size of the arc this smaller bag swung on, at first my elbows were missing, or sliding off the bottom of the bag. Just had to work a bit higher and smaller on my swing.
            It keeps air, is symmetrical, and goes like I dreamt it would.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...