• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrunk
    • Oct 2014

mid February training clip.

Hello forum members

I had a few day's of work so I had a little time to upload and post a practice video. Please feel free to share any tips or comments.

thanks
    PunchDrunk
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I'll leave the tips to the pros...but it's looking great to me! Keep those elbows up & bag on.
    -Zaza
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• taylor2545
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2015

Nice video

Nice video and I like the double combinations you do during your routine. I like to bounce and hit the bag at the same time for a more intense workout.

Last edited by taylor2545; 03-21-2015, 07:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by taylor2545 View Post
        httep://www.fatlossfactorxx.com
        Why are you posting spam ?

Comment

• Sal76
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
          Hello forum members

I had a few day's of work so I had a little time to upload and post a practice video. Please feel free to share any tips or comments.

thanks
          PunchDrunk
          Punchdrunk Hello, I love your style
          How long did you start with the bags?
          I am 25 days but can not seem to sink exactly like you, do not miss a shot in my opinion go very well.
          Not a professional and being at the beginning I see with admiration that perform combinations floor, but very precise.
          What bag uses a 9x6?
          I have a 8x5, l have deflated a bit to control it better, but I think to buy a larger, perhaps a size M Leone, unfortunately in Italy not there are many choices.
          I'll give you my most sincere congratulations
          Last edited by Sal76; 03-21-2015, 01:18 PM.
          Non cercate di prendere i poeti perché vi scapperanno tra le dita.
          Alda Merini

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Nicely done! Thank you for posting. Good control and flow.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
              Hello forum members

thanks
              PunchDrunk

Hey PunchDrunk. Great video see comments below with embedded video.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

I'll leave the tips to the pros...but it's looking great to me! Keep those elbows up & bag on.
              -Zaza
              Very nice combinations using single and double fist techniques as well as the Outward and Downward Triple Elbow Strikes, as well as smooth linking, or passing fists through the bag. Here is what I see:

:18 - :22 you did Two Outward Triple Elbow Strikes (O-TES) with the lead (first fist) passing through to Reverse Single Punch (RSP). You Could also pass the second (last) fist through to the RSP. Nice split fist combo after the first Right leading O-TES.

:38 - :42 sec. You did the same combo as above x3, nicely.

:48 - :50 nice Downward Triple Elbow Strikes (D-TES)

:58 Phantom ( or shadow) Punching combinations. (front straight punch under the elbow)

1:20 - 1:23 beautiful continuous phantom outward elbow combinations.

1:25 - 1:26, nice change up on the phantom combination, using the left arm Downward Elbow instead of outward.

1:37 - 1:42 same combo as :18 - :22 (O-TES) with lead fist going to RSP.

Great stuff! Ok, You can expand on these a bit and I'll offer a few suggestions to help advance your control.

Try linking the second fist of all your "two fist techniques" to a split fist combination. You're linking the lead fist to RSP very nice, and passing both fists through to Reverse Double Punch (RDP) great. Now try to split just the second fist, meaning pass it through and leave it behind. You can do this from your Outward Triple Elbow Strike (O-TES) or the Downward Triple (D-TES), it does not matter. The important part is you are doing a Front Double Punch (FDP) with an elbow added on either at the beginning (outward) or put in the middle (downward). The FDP really doesn't change.

Note, passing the second fist through of a technique will also rotate the lead arm of the next technique.

Try splitting a fist (either one) through the bag to RSP from the Phantom combinations. Hint: any time a fist hits the bag, (from any direction) it can pass through, so you could link any of them through in that combination. But remember, if you pass one to the RSP, you might have to think how to get out of that. answer if below:

From your split fist position FSP ' ' RSP, (say, your left fist is behind bag like at :22), pass that fist through the bag to the front and keep the elbow up so you can do a Right FSP underneath the elbow, (doing a phantom FSP under the arm of the fist that passed through). Basically you would be starting the same phantom combination seen at 1:20 - 1:23 from a Reverse Punch after two rebounds. At the point it is the same combination you just entered it from a Reverse Punch.

Hope this makes sense. Great work, you really making progress!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

-Zaza
                [QUOTE=taylor2545;48230]Nice video and I like the double combinations you do during your routine. I like to bounce and hit the bag at the same time for a more intense workout.

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                Nicely done! Thank you for posting. Good control and flow.
                Hello everyone
                Thank you for taking the time to watch and comment on my video.

PunchDrunk.

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sal76 View Post
                  Punchdrunk Hello, I love your style
                  How long did you start with the bags?
                  I am 25 days but can not seem to sink exactly like you, do not miss a shot in my opinion go very well.
                  Not a professional and being at the beginning I see with admiration that perform combinations floor, but very precise.
                  What bag uses a 9x6?
                  I have a 8x5, l have deflated a bit to control it better, but I think to buy a larger, perhaps a size M Leone, unfortunately in Italy not there are many choices.
                  I'll give you my most sincere congratulations
                  Hello Sal76 Thank you.
                  I started with the Speed Bag around September 2014. I had no experience with it at all but I was determined to at least get basic rhythm. The best thing I could have done was getting the Speed Bag Bible book then I got the 4 DVD set by Alan Kahn.
                  I am currently using a new Everlast Level III Large leather Bag no model numbers that I know of I think it may be a 7x10 in size. It is surprisingly fast.
                  once again thank you

PunchDrunk

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...