• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrunk
    • Oct 2014

3rd video on my 3rd platform

Hello Forum members,

I had a little time between my travels for work to post my 3rd Video shot in 10-29-2014 been reading the Speed Bag Bible for 1week at this time. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Thanks
    PunchDrunk
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Nice! You're doing great...just keep at it....and that platform looks solid as a rock.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• PunchDrunk
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
      Nice! You're doing great...just keep at it....and that platform looks solid as a rock.

Thanks Zaza im trying I hope to some day get as good as you guys and gals. The platform is solid as a rock and it weighs a ton I am working on making it adjustable. I try to practice whenever I am not traveling for work. Zaza would you happen to know if there is any portable platforms I could take on the road?

thanks
      PunchDrunk

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

I know a member here is working on one now...and when finished, it will be awesome! That's all I can say for now...
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• speedy G
          • Oct 2014

awesome! thanks punchdrunk.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Thanks Zaza im trying I hope to some day get as good as you guys and gals. The platform is solid as a rock and it weighs a ton I am working on making it adjustable. I try to practice whenever I am not traveling for work. Zaza would you happen to know if there is any portable platforms I could take on the road?

thanks
            PunchDrunk

This is exactly what beginner practice looks like, and a great job. Forget speed. Go slow and think control.

wait a minute......

However, upon closer inspection I see you are breaking the rules and performing something that is most likely illegal, so we have to nip that in the bud right now. Call the speed bag police!!

I notice you are doing an unusual variation of the Downward Triple Elbow Strike (D-TES) So, if you look at page 62-64 of the Speed Bag Bible you will see the pictures and explanation offer the D-TES show, the lead contact is the fist (of the other arm), and then the Downward moving elbow and downward fist of the Same Arm: As in Left Fist ' Downward Right Elbow ' Downward right fist, all with one rebound inbetween.

Here we have caught you red handed (actually B&W but...) rearranging this order, by doing the "Downward Elbow ' Downward Fist ' Fist of other hand". In the picture below you will see two stills I have made of this variation, one from 2 seconds in and another at 12 seconds. Do you think you can sneak this by..?!

BUSTED!!

By leading this technique with the downward elbow-fist first, and then the other fist (kind of like a downward elbow + FDP) you have made it a bit harder but perhaps created a variation that I'm not sure I have ever seen before. (Maybe speedbagskunk did it, but it was probably so fast we all missed it). Me personally I probably would never mix it this way because it feels very unnatural as a swinging motion, but you pull it off pretty good. Pretty sweet move for a newbie. Normally we'd dock you 6 demerits for the variation from the norm, but we've seen so many in recent years, we'll just shake your hand at SB-VI for the original addition.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Speedbag; 12-09-2014, 08:09 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

That was a great practice video lots of moves and very consistent thank you for posting it...bag on

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by speedy G View Post
                awesome! thanks punchdrunk.
                Originally posted by ventanakaz
                Nice work punchdrunk, What bag are you hitting on ?
                Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                That was a great practice video lots of moves and very consistent thank you for posting it...bag on
                thanks everyone I will keep practicing and posting my progress, Ventanakaz in this video clip I was using a Title gyro 7x10 I find it a little heavy but I ordered some new bladders (Title & Cleto) to see if I can lighten it up a bit.

Thanks
                PunchDrunk OIIIIIIIO

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

This is exactly what beginner practice looks like, and a great job. Forget speed. Go slow and think control.

wait a minute......

However, upon closer inspection I see you are breaking the rules and performing something that is most likely illegal, so we have to nip that in the bud right now. Call the speed bag police!!

I notice you are doing an unusual variation of the Downward Triple Elbow Strike (D-TES) So, if you look at page 62-64 of the Speed Bag Bible you will see the pictures and explanation offer the D-TES show, the lead contact is the fist (of the other arm), and then the Downward moving elbow and downward fist of the Same Arm: As in Left Fist ' Downward Right Elbow ' Downward right fist, all with one rebound inbetween.

Here we have caught you red handed (actually B&W but...) rearranging this order, by doing the "Downward Elbow ' Downward Fist ' Fist of other hand". In the picture below you will see two stills I have made of this variation, one from 2 seconds in and another at 12 seconds. Do you think you can sneak this by..?!

BUSTED!!

By leading this technique with the downward elbow-fist first, and then the other fist (kind of like a downward elbow + FDP) you have made it a bit harder but perhaps created a variation that I'm not sure I have ever seen before. (Maybe speedbagskunk did it, but it was probably so fast we all missed it). Me personally I probably would never mix it this way because it feels very unnatural as a swinging motion, but you pull it off pretty good. Pretty sweet move for a newbie. Normally we'd dock you 6 demerits for the variation from the norm, but we've seen so many in recent years, we'll just shake your hand at SB-VI for the original addition.

Hello Mr. Kahn,

thank you for watching and complementing my practice video clip .

to answer you're question " Do you think you can sneak this by..?!" no sir, I see nothing gets by you your eyes are faster than your hands

as far as the unusual variation of the Downward Triple Elbow Strike it started when I was having a hard time doing continuous D-TES from one side to the other side. I left on a road trip to South Dakota for two weeks once I came back to practice I shot this video clip and found myself doing this Variation. I'm back on the road again but once I return home and could practice again I will be returning to pages 62-64 in my S.B.B to keep practicing on D-TES. I think I might have another clip doing the variation of the D-TES I will post if I can access from my phone once again thanks everyone.

looking forward to meeting all at SB-VI!!!

Thanks
                  PunchDrunk

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Hello Mr. Kahn,

thank you for watching and complementing my practice video clip .

to answer you're question " Do you think you can sneak this by..?!" no sir, I see nothing gets by you your eyes are faster than your hands

as far as the unusual variation of the Downward Triple Elbow Strike it started when I was having a hard time doing continuous D-TES from one side to the other side. I left on a road trip to South Dakota for two weeks once I came back to practice I shot this video clip and found myself doing this Variation. I'm back on the road again but once I return home and could practice again I will be returning to pages 62-64 in my S.B.B to keep practicing on D-TES. I think I might have another clip doing the variation of the D-TES I will post if I can access from my phone once again thanks everyone.

looking forward to meeting all at SB-VI!!!

Thanks
                    PunchDrunk

Hey PD,

When doing the D-TES combinations from one side to the other (meaning left hand lead, right hand lead...or continuously alternating) Remember that the last fist of the technique (3rd part to hit.... or the downward moving fist) will hit the bag, and then recircle to hit the bag after three rebounds as the leading FCP of the "other side D-TES).

The secret is to get that side elbow back "up" to level the forearm as quickly as possible so that downward moving elbow is now back to the home position so that fist can easily do the next leading FCP. Another way to view it is: IF you were going to pass that 3rd (downward moving) fist through the bag to a Reverse technique it would be much easier to do it with that downward positioned elbow back in the "up" almost level position. You do that AS THE FIST MAKES CONTACT. As you learn that move, (hit bag with downward fist, repositioning downward elbow to level as fist hits), then you will find that fist sitting in front of your face just like a normal FCP. At that point, just recircle it to lead the next "other side" D-TES in 3 rebounds.

For practice, try doing This combo, D-TES ' ' RSP ' ' D-TES, with the 3rd fist linking through to the RSP, then passing again to lead the next D-TES, seen in bold below.

L/R-R ' ' R ' ' R/L-L.

then from the front..... L/R-R ' ' ' R/L-L. or (D-TES ' ' ' D-TES)

When you removed the RSP from the combo and eliminated one rebound (from 4 to 3), the fist position with elbow up has not changed in front of the bag.

Anyway, that's the move that makes it easier, at least for me.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Speedbag; 12-11-2014, 07:17 AM.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hello Forum members,

I had a little time between my travels for work to post my 3rd Video shot in 10-29-2014 been reading the Speed Bag Bible for 1week at this time. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Thanks
                      PunchDrunk
                      Really nice practice punching, PunchDrunk. Slow and methodical. Oh, and I caught the shadow punch in the video. Those have always been hard for me. Zaza gave me a one-on-one lesson at SB IV and it really helped me.

I see you're from New Jersey, so we had better see you at SB VI! It's a pretty big deal for me. I look forward to seeing the gang every year. And there's always a handful of new attendees. It's like a family reunion, only better! Last summer I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Rogene (Rehamco1) and her husband, Joe. It was one of the highlights of the event. Lots of great people with a common passion, all in one spot. There's nothing better.
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Hey PD,

When doing the D-TES combinations from one side to the other (meaning left hand lead, right hand lead...or continuously alternating) Remember that the last fist of the technique (3rd part to hit.... or the downward moving fist) will hit the bag, and then recircle to hit the bag after three rebounds as the leading FCP of the "other side D-TES).

The secret is to get that side elbow back "up" to level the forearm as quickly as possible so that downward moving elbow is now back to the home position so that fist can easily do the next leading FCP. Another way to view it is: IF you were going to pass that 3rd (downward moving) fist through the bag to a Reverse technique it would be much easier to do it with that downward positioned elbow back in the "up" almost level position. You do that AS THE FIST MAKES CONTACT. As you learn that move, (hit bag with downward fist, repositioning downward elbow to level as fist hits), then you will find that fist sitting in front of your face just like a normal FCP. At that point, just recircle it to lead the next "other side" D-TES in 3 rebounds.

For practice, try doing This combo, D-TES ' ' RSP ' ' D-TES, with the 3rd fist linking through to the RSP, then passing again to lead the next D-TES, seen in bold below.

L/R-R ' ' R ' ' R/L-L.

then from the front..... L/R-R ' ' ' R/L-L. or (D-TES ' ' ' D-TES)

When you removed the RSP from the combo and eliminated one rebound (from 4 to 3), the fist position with elbow up has not changed in front of the bag.

Anyway, that's the move that makes it easier, at least for me.

Hope it helps.

Alan sorry for the delayed response I'm usually on the road for work, i wanted to say thanks for taking the time to view my practice video. I really appreciate your advice. I have attached a small practice clip of me doing the D-TES'''FCP'''D-TES I think I got it. I still have a long way to go but the journey is getting easier thanks to everyone here.

D-TES Practice: http://youtu.be/MCMf3V5NUMc
                        PunchDrunk

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Alan sorry for the delayed response I'm usually on the road for work, i wanted to say thanks for taking the time to view my practice video. I really appreciate your advice. I have attached a small practice clip of me doing the D-TES'''FCP'''D-TES I think I got it. I still have a long way to go but the journey is getting easier thanks to everyone here.

D-TES Practice: http://youtu.be/MCMf3V5NUMc
                          PunchDrunk
                          Video Looks great. Excellent.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...