Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick practice vid.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick practice vid.

    Quick practice vid of me hitting my newer, smaller bag. Still a lil rough around the edges but parctice makes perfect.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xhb...ature=youtu.be

  • #2
    Nice.. Thanks for posting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Like the side to side nice video thanks for posting

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats some really good baggin. thanks for putting it up.

          fedora

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice work Alex, you kept that little bag moving nicely, elbows are coming along good too. What kinda bag did go with?

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks guys.The brand I think is called ProMex. It's a pretty good bag. Has some nice bounce to it. I'm not a very tall dude so standing at only 5'6 with a smaller frame and hands, I find the smaller bags are easier for me to manage. They take lots less energy and force for me to keep going.
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
                Thanks guys.The brand I think is called ProMex. It's a pretty good bag. Has some nice bounce to it. I'm not a very tall dude so standing at only 5'6 with a smaller frame and hands, I find the smaller bags are easier for me to manage. They take lots less energy and force for me to keep going.
                .
                5'6" (me too!) is very respectable... I might say the best height ever!
                Is that bag somewhere around 8x5 / 9x6? Those are my favs.
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
                  Thanks guys.The brand I think is called ProMex. It's a pretty good bag. Has some nice bounce to it. I'm not a very tall dude so standing at only 5'6 with a smaller frame and hands, I find the smaller bags are easier for me to manage. They take lots less energy and force for me to keep going.
                  .
                  Me too, and my eyes aren't blue either. Lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lmao!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
                      Quick practice vid of me hitting my newer, smaller bag. Still a lil rough around the edges but parctice makes perfect.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xhb...ature=youtu.be

                      Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
                      Thanks guys.The brand I think is called ProMex. It's a pretty good bag. Has some nice bounce to it. I'm not a very tall dude so standing at only 5'6 with a smaller frame and hands, I find the smaller bags are easier for me to manage. They take lots less energy and force for me to keep going.

                      "Caution: speed bags in the mirror are larger than they appear"



                      That does appear to be a yellow 8x5 promex. Personally I have found promex bags to be heavier and hard on the hands than other bags of the same size, however they do take a whooping and rarely object. I've have yet to bust one or seen it done.

                      You combinations are awesome. I saw lots of variety. At times a little shaky on control for you speed up and down at times, and to me it is because you are trying go fast by hitting hard and swinging a bit from the shoulders, but that's just me. but all in all an awesome display of skill!. I particularly like your double bumping of the lead fists of the Front Double Punches at 1:05 to 1:08. A nice touch.


                      Speed Bag

                      Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...


                      sigpic

                      The Art of the Bag

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just know it sounds great.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks once again for the advice Mr. Kahn. Your right about the Promex being hard on the hands. My hands tend to get a little beat up from hitting it so I wind up wearing gloves. Yea, just starting out so I have a ways yet to go but am enthusiastic to say that The Speed Bag bible should be landing at my house any day now. Ordered it off of Amazon. Looking forward to watching your lessons and putting in the hard work to take the bagging to the next level.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
                            Thanks once again for the advice Mr. Kahn. Your right about the Promex being hard on the hands. My hands tend to get a little beat up from hitting it so I wind up wearing gloves. Yea, just starting out so I have a ways yet to go but am enthusiastic to say that The Speed Bag bible should be landing at my house any day now. Ordered it off of Amazon. Looking forward to watching your lessons and putting in the hard work to take the bagging to the next level.
                            thanks. Sorry you didn't order off the forum via PM. It would have been less expensive and I could had written personal note to you inside.

                            Speed Bag

                            Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...


                            sigpic

                            The Art of the Bag

                            Comment

                            Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...
                            X