Progress on the Forward Reverse Fist Roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Progress on the Forward Reverse Fist Roll.

Okay here's a real short video on the progress I've made in the last couple days with this move. I still have a long ways to go, but it's getting there. I'm putting this in another thread because I looked so crappy in the first one.

fedora
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Seems impossible to me at this point. Thank you for posting. at 18 seconds you were killing it. Looks good to me. Good job!
    Last edited by swfl; 07-06-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

This has been an interesting move to get down. From a pure movement stand point it is actually pretty easy. The hands just roll over each other the way they do on the front side of the bag, there is no difference other than the bag hits the opposite side of the hand.
      The continuous 4 way elbow was much more complex and difficult for me to learn. Once you start getting this move you progress fairly rapidly. I can do it really easy now, moving from the standard front fist roll to the forward reverse without a hitch no problem.
      But I think the brain just doesn't want you to hit the bag on the thumb and forefinger side of the hand with an upward motion. It's a mystery to me why that is. But then that's one of the reasons I took this sport up, to force the brain to make new connections.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        Okay here's a real short video on the progress I've made in the last couple days with this move. I still have a long ways to go, but it's getting there. I'm putting this in another thread because I looked so crappy in the first one.

fedora
        Looks like this I think. Great job with good control!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...