• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Reverse, Reverse fist roll. Kinda rough

Okay here is short video of my early attempts at the R,R fist roll. At least that's what I think it is. It's not real smooth yet, but remember I just started getting this 2 days ago, so be kind. I'm hoping to get more linking in with it after I've gotten better with it.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

fedora
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

smooth gait

Originally posted by fedora View Post
    Okay here is short video of my early attempts at the R,R fist roll. At least that's what I think it is. It's not real smooth yet, but remember I just started getting this 2 days ago, so be kind. I'm hoping to get more linking in with it after I've gotten better with it.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

fedora
    Hi Looks to me you have it down pat. smooth consistent hitting from the back
    what kind and size bag are you using? I have been attempting to hit forward and backward rolls from the back and I have not gotten right yet. love your elbow hits. thanks for posting

Comment

• Hoosierbagger
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2014

Very nice! Thank you for posting this up.

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

As you can see I'm still in the infant stage of getting it down. But each day it gets a little better. I'm working on transitioning from the regular Reverse fist roll to the double and then back again to the regular reverse F.R.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
          what kind and size bag are you using?
          A 9X6 Black Title Pro with a replacement bladder. It's my favorite bag.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Very well done...from both sides of the bag Fedora! Not bad for an old guy...

You sure are addicted & I know you have multiple platforms (I can see another one in the background)...keep at it. Too much fun.

Oh...and I learn the same way...I try & try and nothing, then, one day it just starts happening like a nice surprize.
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

Thanks Zaza, It took a while but I'm finally getting this, what I'd call a forward reverse fist roll. I've smoothed the move out more since I made this video and I'm starting to be able to go from a regular reverse fist roll and switch to the forward reverse with out a hiccup in between.

I've tried it with other bags and found that it's actually harder, for me anyway, with a large bag. I can do it with my 8X5 Promex easier than a 10X7 Ringside.

fedora
              Last edited by fedora; 07-02-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

I can't do that....and this is why you have to love the speed bag, the moves that can be done are almost limitless. And yet, there were people doing combinations back in the 1900's that no one is doing today.... too cool! I would love to go back in time and see Gus Keller and Doris DeGreen hit in person.
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Very well done...from both sides of the bag Fedora! Not bad for an old guy...

You sure are addicted & I know you have multiple platforms (I can see another one in the background)...keep at it. Too much fun.

Oh...and I learn the same way...I try & try and nothing, then, one day it just starts happening like a nice surprize.
                  Yep. and that never gets old. Just we do.

Awesome control on those double bumping inward elbows on those four-way elbow strikes.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
                    • Nov 2010

That was awesome!! This move still escapes me after a lot of time untangling my hands from attempts... This wasn't rough at all you definitely are doing it exactly as I imagine it

Comment

• G-Town
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Easy?

Man!!! I can't get on board with (easy) one of the most difficult moves in bagging...look where it started from "The one and only" Skunk that spells difficult too me. Nice work in developing your skills,keep it baggin,I enjoy watching!

Comment

• Eric
                        • May 2014

fist rolls

Hey G-Town ! I finally worked out the fist rolls you showed me at SB5. Thanks for all your help. I haven't figured out how to post here but I have a video on my phone. I can text it to you if you message me a number. I sent it to Skunk and his response was Daaaamn. !

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Hey G-Town ! I finally worked out the fist rolls you showed me at SB5. Thanks for all your help. I haven't figured out how to post here but I have a video on my phone. I can text it to you if you message me a number. I sent it to Skunk and his response was Daaaamn. !
                          If you get a "Damn!" out of Skunk, you've done something.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...