X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

The face...

I made this uppercut bag out of an old footstool a couch cushion and ALOT of duct tape, or as it is known in the Rio Grande Valley, mexican gold. I had it up last year but knocked it down and was going to throw it away until I saw a post where Alan put up pictures of a similar product(much nicer and superior material). I salvaged it added a layer of cushioning from an old sofa (I'm ghetto), and had three of my friends that frequent my gym put the thing up... you wouldn't beleive how heavy it is!

I made this contraption out of a foot stool and lots of duct tape. I'm poor. I made it last year and after a couple of months I knocked it down. I saw a s...
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

my handwraps gave me no protection on my injured nuckle when i was knocking my home made maize bag about 2day, so i used tissue padding across the nuckles and then duck tape over it... gave SO MUCH protection, no pain from my nuckle what so ever, could punch as hard as i could and i barely felt anything. south of the border engineering truely is the way forward!

p.s all creations inspired by hispanicinapanic and his south of the border enginering

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
      • May 2007

That's crazy Gez I do that too! I use sports tape as a base and pack cotton balls on my knuckles, then I wrap them in duct tape. I saw a sparring partner of Floyd Mayweather Jr. do the same on 24/7. It's inexpensive and super strong and I think the Mayas used it to build the pyramids... lol!

Comment

• SupergeZ
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2007

HAHA there is truely no other expination!

i really like the duck tape hand protection tbh, much better than my handwraps

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Heh, I noticed you must have one hell of a good punch. The ground shakes when you punch!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
            Heh, I noticed you must have one hell of a good punch. The ground shakes when you punch!
            I really like the Deep thud of that bag on the wall. The sounds really accentuates the fist contact, and looks devasting....
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Thanks guys... the sound definitely strokes the ego a bit!

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

Awesome vid and awesome piece of equipment....it's like trying to pop a giant pimple.....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...