• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dharleybagger01
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2014

first vid

Been bagin for a few years off and on still learning
    Last edited by dharleybagger01; 02-08-2014, 11:13 PM.
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

Nice!!
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• dharleybagger01
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2014

Thx. It was an old bar top a friend put together for me. Think it was two boards and he had to peice it together to get the diamator but its real solid.

Comment

• dharleybagger01
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2014

Been workin on the four way elbows starting to get it somewhat. didnt get the bible till a year or so ago. Now im hooked. I'll try and get a better vid up in futher. Watch all the vids on youtube, cant get enough! Alan and skunk are the ones who got me hooked.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
          • Apr 2012

Awesome!
          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• dharleybagger01
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	0209200505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	89196 My setup

Comment

• dharleybagger01
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2014

Looking to get a 5X8 anyone have any sugestions. Bought a title and was out of shape right out of box. Also looking to replace my original swivel that broke on me.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	0209193709.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	89198[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Nice baggin'! Love the platform, looks good & solid.
                -send the Title bag back and get a replacement (I'd also get a couple of the orange bladders too)
                -get a DeVille No.13 swivel or a Powermill Evil... you'd love both of them.
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• dharleybagger01
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2014

Ralph. Drums 2&3/4. Its a title platform with a few mods. Originally had two bolts on bottom to adjust but wasn't real stable so i welded two more on top to fix. It would b some what easy to move (4 bolts) but i put the 2x4 behind it to make it more solid.It barely moves at all even with a big bag.Click image for larger version

Name:	0209230533.jpg
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	89199And the bag on the right side seems to rebound funny may just not b broke in good cause havn't used it much. Will try new bladder. Swivel is everlast, first swivel it lasted a couple years. Would love to have replacement. It was my favorite one i've had.
                  Last edited by dharleybagger01; 02-09-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• dharleybagger01
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Feb 2014

Cool much thanks. Your a good man. Cant wait to use it again.

Comment

• dharleybagger01
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2014

Cool thx again ralph. I've been a mechanic pretty much all my life so i new what u ment And put a new bladder in my 5x8 bag and really big improvment!! Great rebound now. Now just gota get used to it since i've only hit 6x9 and bigger.

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dharleybagger01 View Post
                        Looking to get a 5X8 anyone have any sugestions. Bought a title and was out of shape right out of box. Also looking to replace my original swivel that broke on me.[ATTACH][ATTACH]4501[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Send the Title Bag Back. As for the swivels, that was the main problem with the newer model "S" hooks. I think they use a softer metal and the Friction contact area of the "S" would wear thin. I think also gave rise to the problem of metal flakes hitting people in eye.

I've beaten the living crap out of swivels from the early 1970's and early 1980's and the friction areas of the "S" barely showed wear. The later models of early 1900's and later just never seem to hold up with the eye-bolt, "S" area and rim of the base housing just wasting away.

Where did that quality go...

Been bagin for a few years off and on still learning

Very solid baggin' by the way. Nice control, even speed, good movements and timing. Solid.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dharleybagger01
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Feb 2014

Hey alan. we must hv been typing at the same time didn't c your post till after and i no what u mean. Bought a new plastic model and it wore about half way in just a couple months. And put a new orange bladder in the title bag and seems better now. Plus got a deville swivel coming so cant wait to try it out. And just gotta say if not for ur speed bag bible i would hv never gotten hooked. U the man!!! And thx for the coment means alot comin from the king!
                          Last edited by dharleybagger01; 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey alan. we must hv been typing at the same time didn't c your post till after and i no what u mean. Bought a new plastic model and it wore about half way in just a couple months. And put a new orange bladder in the title bag and seems better now. Plus got a deville swivel coming so cant wait to try it out.
                            I really need to take the leap and change out some of my bag bladders. I keep hearing about the positive difference with those orange bladders over the originals. Sad fact is: I just hate changing bag bladders. It never goes well, takes me a lot longer than it should and never seem to get it right. Must be some trick to it I don't know.

as for the deville ballhook coming your way, you will love it. Fast, quiet and accurate.

Hey alan....just gotta say if not for ur speed bag bible i would hv never gotten hooked. U the man!!! And thx for the coment means alot comin from the king!
                            I've heard that before but I really think all the credit goes to the bag, and that magical feeling it seems to give off to we lucky few who use it. But it is always nice to know my efforts helped to release that bagger within. Truth is, it was always there. But now is the time to set it free. Lots of "kings" of the bag on this forum can help. For several years I have been in absolute awe of the amazing skills of other forum members. The way things are going skill wise, I'll just be glad to have a seat at the back of the bus.

I know how Jack Nicklaus felt some 20 years ago, when he told someone "...have you seen this Tiger Woods kid?"
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...