• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Alan Kahn on Nippon TV

Thought this would be easier for everyone to see.
    Looks like a good time (I have no idea what they are saying)!

More info. here:
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Alan must know. It looks like she's saying... I cant... I cant do it... Boo Hoo. Reminds me a little of my daughters at an early age.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
      Alan must know. It looks like she's saying... I cant... I cant do it... Boo Hoo. Reminds me a little of my daughters at an early age.
      I have no idea what they said unless it was translated. They only translated their "formal" questions to me or my statements to them. A lot of their Comedy "schtick", wise cracks or reactions were not translated as they happened.

Funny how they could get the rights to play Gloria Estefan's voice (song: Conga) on the air - but CBS could not.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 07-23-2013, 03:09 AM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

You know... I was going to have a little fun and subtitle it, but decided against it.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Homer
          • May 2013

That's awesome!

Comment

• Marlon
            • Apr 2013

That was excellent! I felt like I was watching "Maximum Extreme Challenge" again I'd love to know what the heck was so funny.

Nice work Alan.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Good thing they translated into Japanese so I could undestand what the Texas guy was saying. No wonder why the ladies were having such a good laugh. Sorry, Alan I couldn't resist. Although looks like a fun time!!

Comment

• stefoz
                • Apr 2015

nice and funny

Comment

• BaggerBob
                  • Jun 2015

Did the guy at the end commit seppuku?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BaggerBob View Post
                    Did the guy at the end commit seppuku?
                    nope. Those where three female comedians and I was the only guy. Glad to say seppuku was not needed.

ps: I spent that whole day with their film crew going all over NYC and Brooklyn filming x3 different scenes. It was great fun and they were very considerate.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Very cool! When did you do this Alan?
                      How'd is it come together?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                        Very cool! When did you do this Alan?

How'd it come together?

Hey BT:

That was filmed on May 15th, 2013. It all happened pretty innocently I guess, all do to a few of my punch drumming video that went mid-level viral (not 1 mil views) for some reason.

Trust me on this, You never know who is watching ...and ALL major media are now monitoring many sites for innovative, new and unique video. (particularly "viral" sites like Break.com).
                        A few of my punch drumming videos get noticed on different sites like these and I started to get a few "high level" media contacts (CBS, NBC, Fox news, Fox sports, ESPN, Nippon TV, and about 4 bands...) via my website contact page and my youtube page.

One of those contacts in April 2013 was from TK-Digital.com vice president Kei Sugimoto (grey suit) about appearing in a TV video series about new, innovative fitness activities around the world. They had the contract to film the in USA segments for Nippon TV. It would trio of comedians (known as Morisanchu)

the email said:

"...In this episode we will be traveling with a trio of Japanese comedians who are slightly out of shape. We will be visiting various boot camps, spas, and weight-loss programs. The director is very interested in having our talent try out speed bagging and train our talent to take part in it as well. "

And from that the filming idea started to take place. First they were going to try and come to Waco Texas to film (bad idea) or to meet them in Washington DC (another bad idea). I thought the easiest way would be to join them for several of their segments in the NY area, and use Real Gymm as the speed bag location. To me that was the obvious location and that is what they went with. Picture below show us in the gym and proud to say G-Town and Juxt came up also to see the shoot.
                        None of the crew spoke English except Kei. I spent the whole day with them going all around the city. It was great fun and we went to parts of Brooklyn I didn't know existed.

Anyway, As more of your Punchdrumming video's get out there, you never know who might call.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 08-13-2015, 09:56 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...