• Show
Clear All
  • ChuckM
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

Some speed bags.

Hi,
    This is my first post on this forum.
    I'm going to try to post a picture of some speed bags I have recently acquired; hope it works.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Attached Files
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Indian Clubs....nice!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome Chuck. Quite the collection you have. How long have you been hitting the bag?

Comment

• ChuckM
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2013

Thanks guys,
        I've only been at it for a few months, although my dad got me a speed bag and a great platform way back when I was a kid.
        I found a cool looking bag in Tijuana many years ago which got me interested in starting up again.
        Right now I just have one of those free standing platforms which leaves a lot to be desired. Over the next several months I'm planning to upgrade and remodel the garage so that I can install a couple of high quality platforms there.
        Lately I've been picking up older bags when I see them and patching or replacing the bladders so that they'll be usable again, but the company I like to buy bladders from doesn't make them large enough for most of the older bags I've picked up.
        Does anybody have a suggestion about a source for large bladders which would fit the older, larger bags?
        Thanks, Chuck
        Attached is a photo of the large bladders on the even larger speed bags; I will probably give these a try, but it seems like there are probably larger bladders available out there. If anybody knows about this, please reply!
        Attached Files

Comment

• ChuckM
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2013

Here is a cool-looking speed-bag I found in Tijuana many years ago. I've been wanting to go back and see what other bags I could find down there for a long time now; there are several sporting good stores on the Avenue Constitution within walking distance of the border and they all carry boxing and soccer gear. There's a distinct style to those bags that is different from what you can find here in California.
          OK, Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ChuckM View Post
            Here is a cool-looking speed-bag I found in Tijuana many years ago. I've been wanting to go back and see what other bags I could find down there for a long time now; there are several sporting good stores on the Avenue Constitution within walking distance of the border and they all carry boxing and soccer gear. There's a distinct style to those bags that is different from what you can find here in California.
            OK, Chuck
            "Back in the day.." Speed bags would often cross the border to party in Tijuana. They often woke up completely unlaced with their bladders hanging out.

My bags still ask me to take them back down there but it's a different Tijuana now and unsafe for tourists.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
              • Apr 2012

welcome to the forum
              Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• bbally
                • Jan 2013

Welcome

Want to sell those clubs?
                sgt
                USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  i got first dibz on that Hutch speed bag, btw nice collection Chuck
                  Yeah, I started drooling when I saw that

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                    • Jan 2012

First: Nice pictures Chuck! Welcome to the forum. SBF has world-class punchers and quite a sense of humor too. Have fun!

Second: Alan, you crack me up! Funny stuff this browsing session - as usual.

We used to drive (or walk) across the border from SoCal to watch and bet the Jai-Alai games in TJ. I think it's time for another day trip now that you guys mentioned it, look around for equipment, and, after midnight, fortify myself with mystery meat on a stick from a street vendor. (If you drink enough Tequila, it won't kill you - just makes you stronger.) I'll avoid unlaced old bags with dirty bladders hanging out.

And re. "Boone's Farm" in another thread: At 16 or so my friends and I would each down a bottle of $2.00 "Boone's Farm Apple Wine" as fast as we could before hanging-out at the Woodbury bowling alley on Jericho Tpk. on a Friday night. I'll never be able to drink it (or Southern Comfort) again, but the action and memories were well worth it! There was still lots of woodland to party in back then. Do you remember that area?

I'll post pics. if I find any interesting stuff.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    "Back in the day.." Speed bags would often cross the border to party in Tijuana. They often woke up completely unlaced with their bladders hanging out.

My bags still ask me to take them back down there but it's a different Tijuana now and unsafe for tourists.

Comment

• ChuckM
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Mar 2013

Thanks guys!
                      Appreciate the responses! Also, I really appreciate all of the information I've been able to pick up reading here and there on the forum.
                      I picked up some nice old Narragansett clubs recently and just replaced the bladder in that older Everlast bag today with two Title bladders. Just got the clubs on the left too, but they seem like they might be new clubs made up to appear old, or maybe old clubs that were refinished to look new. Sorry about the photo of an old bag hanging out with an empty bladder.
                      OK, ChuckM
                      Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...