• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Speed Bag Skunk And The KING

So saturday morning when i woke up i was kinda draggin myself out of bed. Until i thought about what i was going to do after the 2 1/2 hour drive and like 12 tolls i had to stop at. I finally arrived at LA boxing gym and i got there about 15 mins earlier then any one else i was like the second one in the door. So i seen the bags and went and played for just a min but in that 1 min i had a couple of guys asking about what was going on. so i informed them of who was coming Alan Kan... What a great perosn and was so nice he treatin me and Tim to lunch at this lil italian resturant next door. Tim also was a really cool cat. we all had loads of fun teaching and training others out talent. People picking it up and wanting to go home and put up a speed bag. all was just so great and i dont know i just hope we get to get together again to teach and play on the speed bags just like this THANKS ALAN KAHN!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHEx3R003ZY
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'm glad we got that on video, that turned out very nice.

Comment

• JERSEY KID
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2007

Now that is smoking!!! Dueling speed bags I see I have alot to learn!! Some great stuff thanks for posting the video

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JERSEY KID View Post
        Now that is smoking!!! Dueling speed bags I see I have alot to learn!! Some great stuff thanks for posting the video
        Nah. I wasn't smokin' Saturday, I was cruising about half speed due to a bad shoulder. I couldn't keep my left elbow up very long. RATS!
        Now, Skunk, - he was smokin'!

Zach, your FAST. It was a pleasure to meet and hit with you. You helped a lot of people that day, and I really appreciate your efforts to help the others that were around. At least 20 people left the gym better on the bag then when they came in. That's awesome.
        I wish I had got to spend more time with YOU, working on some advanced stuff. You are one of the few I have ever got to really work with personally at the level, and you picked up everything really quick.

When you start rippin' the bag to music, You're gonna have to sell tickets to handle the crowd.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jedd Johnson
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2006

My hat is off to you guys, both for your abilities to swat the bag and your willingness to help others. Great stuff.

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

Zach - I have to say that is probably your best video.... Ithink with the camera at that angle it was easy to see the skill level and the SPEED !! man that was awesome.... nice work Skunk and Alan !!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
              ... nice work Skunk and Alan !!
              Hey, what about the guy holding the camera? That was hard work!

That was shot on Skunk's digital camera. It's great for movies.
              Last edited by Tim; 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Nah. I wasn't smokin' Saturday, I was cruising about half speed due to a bad shoulder. I couldn't keep my left elbow up very long. RATS!
                Now, Skunk, - he was smokin'!
                And not to take anything away from Skunk, because he is AWESOME. But he did have an advantage in that clip, he's on a 7x4 bag where as Alan was stuck with a 9x6 (I think) at any rate it was a fairly sizeable Title bag. The swivel Alan was on was a chain link and it was too much of a pain to swap the bag out.
                Last edited by Tim; 05-28-2007, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

we got the speed bag king and the speed bag prince tearing it up. i wish i could have been there a little far for a ol canadian hoser. looked fun and a great learning experience i think if i did go i would have improved ALOT. again thanks for the vids and the pics.

ps if thats alan with a injured shoulder and still tearing it up one word to some that up UNREAL. he is truly the king. we should make him a crown out of all the different types of speed bags we can find....lol
                  ________
                  NEXIUM DEATH
                  Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                    we got the speed bag king and the speed bag prince tearing it up. i wish i could have been there a little far for a ol canadian hoser. looked fun and a great learning experience i think if i did go i would have improved ALOT. again thanks for the vids and the pics.

ps if thats alan with a injured shoulder and still tearing it up one word to some that up UNREAL. he is truly the king. we should make him a crown out of all the different types of speed bags we can find....lol
                    Nah, no crowns needed. I stayed on the 9x6 bags mostly, which are easier on my shoulder. The quick direction changes needed for the 6x4 or 7x5 bags just hurt to much right now to use. The worst is Reverse punching. the change over from front to back really shocks the shoulder joint. You will never know that until you don't have any cartilage inside.

Notice that skunk is on a black 7x4. I'm just battin' the red 9x6, on a chain link swivel that really needed some oil.

It was great fun hitting with skunk and Tim. Maybe we'll get to do a tandem hit on the same bag sometime. We never got to that, but it would have been great fun to try.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                      • May 2007

The King

Submitted for your approval.... I've always thought that if Skunk and Alan hit the speedbag at the same time we could slow down the time/space continuom and disprove Einstein's theory of relativity... All due respects to Skunk I don't think Alan will be passing the torch just yet... Great job Tim, Alan, and Zach. I'm proud to have such badass compadres!

Comment

• jason_m_amy
                        • Jan 2007

Reverse punch and shoulder pain

Alan/Zach, great video!

Alan, you mentioned pain on a reverse punch? Interesting, I don't really do much reverse punches anymore due to pain in my left shoulder. I think I may have possibly injured it on my dirtbike a while back. Do you have any recommendations for recovery? It's relatively minor pain, but if I try reverse fist rolling, or much linking the left shoulder will be out for several days. Symptoms of a rotator cuff injury? I always use larger bags as I like the workout better, so this might exacerbate the problem, but I pretty much stick to all forward punches and tons of elbows.

Thanks, Jason

PS: If you ever come to San Diego area, I'd be more than willing to set something like you just did up! I believe you have a lot of fans here in SoCal - Billy Mack, Hispanicmakingpanic (I believe), and I'm sure many others...

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                          • May 2007

Actually I'm in Central Oklahoma Jason, but I wish I lived in SoCal...
                          coincidentally I too have a similar shoulder injury that nags me, I acquired it in training when I landed on it against a stud in my gym. It hurt horribly for a month and I left it untreated and now I hear a clicking noise from my left shoulder when I lift it above my head. Any possible therapy advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
                            • Oct 2006

im up in nor cal but i would make the trip to so cal to hang with the great kahn!

Comment

• ninja420
                              • Jan 2007

Amazing video! I can only imagin how exited you all were to meet and see each other in person. was it only tim skunk and alan from the forum there?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...