X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jollygood49
    • Jan 2013

2 1/2 weeks in

Starting to learn to use the elbows a bit, still a lot of work to be done. Excuse the mishits, I'm just starting to get used to my new Title 8x5 due to the Everlast bags condition (see background). Aside from trying to get used to the new bag, I'm also attempting to keep up with my new Evil Swivel. Thank you Ryan for the incredible work of art, I've been nothing but impressed with every aspect of it.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

2 1/2 weeks... 2 platforms....a few bags....yep, you're officially addicted!
    Bag on.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

JG49, great job for 2-1/2 weeks of bagging. Looks like that Everalst has seen better days.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post

Starting to learn to use the elbows a bit, still a lot of work to be done. Excuse the mishits, I'm just starting to get used to my new Title 8x5 due to the Everlast bags condition (see background). Aside from trying to get used to the new bag, I'm also attempting to keep up with my new Evil Swivel. Thank you Ryan for the incredible work of art, I've been nothing but impressed with every aspect of it.
        Nice hitting JG. Very nice single fist linking front to back, rock solid form and timing.

(:15 - 16) Out and In Four way Elbow strikes. I would work on a bit cleaner form, keep arms a bit closer in setup and not drop the lead arm down so far afterward. (see pic below)

I would also suggest working on the Inward-Double Elbow (I-DES), which is the core movement of the second arm. You appear to be hunting for the contact point on that inward elbow, and your arm position just before swing might have something to do with it. Anyway, the hard part of that four part technique is the second arm inward elbow, so you might want to work on it separately to get better control of position, contact and follow through.

(:18-:26) Good Front Fist Rolling (F-Roll), starting and ending all on right fist. (* I suggest you do this same combo starting and exiting with left fist)

(:35 x5) Very nice alternating front double punches (:35 x5)

:35 - :36) Front Double Punch (FDP) to Reverse Double Punch (RDP).
        I notice you are rotating your fists behind the bag to do the RDP in the same order as your last FDP. You do it again at :40 sec and 49sec. [ see pic below to illustrate]

* Not wrong, just a bit more difficult this way, indicating perhaps a preference for your right hand in the lead position. this would be termed "one hand bag punching" if it becomes ingrained. I suggest you practice doing RDP with a L-R lead, and Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll) to get use to using either hand in either position behind the bag. )

(:52) great bag pin.

Great stuff for your time under that board. keep working! hope the frame pics help you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Speedbag; 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jollygood49
          • Jan 2013

Thanks for the compliments and critique Alan. Last time you gave me tips, the next time I stood under the board I made huge improvements and already this time as well!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post
            Thanks for the compliments and critique Alan. Last time you gave me tips, the next time I stood under the board I made huge improvements and already this time as well!
            Glad to know it helps you improve. That makes it all worth it!
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jake
              • Mar 2011

Nice video Jollygood49,
              It really is cool to be able to have the speed bag king Allen Kahn personally evaluate and teach us, from the comfort of our own homes.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...