8-Strike / 7-Strike Finish with some ball-hook play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

8-Strike / 7-Strike Finish with some ball-hook play.

A short demonstration of my brand of 8-Strike / 7-Strike Finishes with slow motion and a little first-time-in-a-long-time ball-hook play to see if it works for me.

(Now I want to listen to "Foreigner" - "Feels Like the First Time".)

I actually crack a smile in this one.

Please enjoy! I had fun even though I had to paint the corner again and my red Title bag has a dirty-looking valve area.

Demonstration of an 8-Strike finish, followed by a 7-Strike Finish. For information about how to enjoy the Speed Bag, in a free, safe, moderated, anonymous-i...
  • AtTheCross
    • Dec 2012

Nice finishes and appreciate the slowmo
    1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
    Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
    DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
    Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
    Retired Bags:
    Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Always fun to watch....and get that valve cleaned-up!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Could PD be swayed to use a ball hook swivel? Stay tuned.

Nice punching, PD. I love the triple elbow bump. You've been spending some time under the board.

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

I love the slo-mo you do. I've been trying to get into doing some elbow combo's and watching you really helps me to see how to do different techniques. Thanks for posting.

fedora
          Last edited by fedora; 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

PD, you're rocky that double and triple bumping outward elbow!.

I can get two, can't make three....

Love that smile on your face too. Shows your joy of baggin.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Lucky is the man(or woman Ms D!) who can bag in their living room! Thanks for showing it again slowmo I can watch it again and try to learn what you did. What kind of swivel is that? Looks lil a ubolt and then I saw the chainlink. Is it modified?
              sigpic

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                Lucky is the man(or woman Ms D!) who can bag in their living room! Thanks for showing it again slowmo I can watch it again and try to learn what you did. What kind of swivel is that? Looks lil a ubolt and then I saw the chainlink. Is it modified?
                "Frankenswivel": A U-Bolt with a master link instead of the "U". Happened to fit perfectly. The Title bags are pretty tight, but the EverLast bags have a narrower loop and are perfect. It's restrictive, but I figure if a set of combinations can be done once, they should be able to be done repetitively. Eventually, after going nuts maybe, but I think it can be done.

And yes, although turbulent and I paid with my soul, I kind-of fell bass-ackwards into being able to turn my family home into my man-cave. When I'm down, I think exactly that: "Lucky is the man who can bag in their living room!" (And belch, freely scratch their junk, eat and drink on the couch, put their bare feet anywhere they want, and own the remote.) Unfortunately, I have to clean-up after myself.

Thanks everybody for the encouragement!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...