• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Commercial Sighting...

Playing in my part of Texas the last few days... (:16-20 seconds)

Which is cool because the Dr. Pepper Museum is here in Waco.

ps: that music would also be awesome for Punch Drumming, especially with definitive note on beat 3 or every measure. Many combinations will put a solid punch right on beat 3 of this song. Nice easy flow on a 9x6. at least, that is the way I am hearing it in my head.

another one: Mikaela Mayer

Last edited by Speedbag; 01-21-2013, 01:51 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm so glad you posted that second video, Alan. I thought I had imagined seeing that commercial! I was watching a football game a couple weeks ago and that video came on. I was on the computer right after I saw it, trying to find it on YouTube so I could post it as a Speed Bag Sighting!

I've always liked Dr. Pepper. It's a little different. I'm into that.

BTW, here's the blurb on Makaela Mayer, the female boxer:

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
    Weight Class: Light Welterweight (64kgs) / Lightweight (60kgs)
    Height: 5'9"
    School: Northern Michigan University
    Coach: Al Mitchell
    Club: United States Olympic Education Center

Began boxing: At 17, I wanted to change the path I was on and become involved in something more positive. Little did I know it would change my life so drastically.

What has boxing taught you: It made me hungry for success, taught me discipline, and I have learned that you can do anything in life if you set your mind to it.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      I'm so glad you posted that second video, Alan. I thought I had imagined seeing that commercial! I was watching a football game a couple weeks ago and that video came on. I was on the computer right after I saw it, trying to find it on YouTube so I could post it as a Speed Bag Sighting!

I've always liked Dr. Pepper. It's a little different. I'm into that.

BTW, here's the blurb on Makaela Mayer, the female boxer:

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
      Weight Class: Light Welterweight (64kgs) / Lightweight (60kgs)
      Height: 5'9"
      School: Northern Michigan University
      Coach: Al Mitchell
      Club: United States Olympic Education Center

Began boxing: At 17, I wanted to change the path I was on and become involved in something more positive. Little did I know it would change my life so drastically.

What has boxing taught you: It made me hungry for success, taught me discipline, and I have learned that you can do anything in life if you set your mind to it.
      I sent her a tweet about the commercial (@MikaelaMayer1) and she answered it.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Paul Silvi, sportscaster on KING-5 News is a speed bagger

I saw this TV commercial a couple of days ago. I just found it on YouTube. This is our local sportscaster, Paul Silvi from Seattle's KING-5 News – NBC affiliate. He's promoting the speed bag for a healthier, stress-reducing life-style.

This YouTube video has only had 10 views.

Hey, guys, I think he needs some speed bag support from forum members.
        Attached Files
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

I've seen the Dr. Pepper commercial in the San Diego market, sans the speed bag footage. I can only surmise that it was edited for time. They cram a lot of ads in the allotted time out here.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

That Dr. Pepper ad has been running up here in the northeast for awhile...oh to be young again.
            Interesting fact - the main flavor of Dr. Pepper is prune!

I sent her a tweet about the commercial (@MikaelaMayer1) and she answered it.
            ...and what did she say? Did you mention the film to her? :-)

I saw this TV commercial a couple of days ago. I just found it on YouTube. This is our local sportscaster, Paul Silvi from Seattle's KING-5 News – NBC affiliate. He's promoting the speed bag for a healthier, stress-reducing life-style.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jZkS5HRjk
            I'm waiting for Alan's critique...the bag looks too high to me....but he gets extra points for hitting in that dress shirt!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              I'm waiting for Alan's critique...the bag looks too high to me....but he gets extra points for hitting in that dress shirt!
              Paul Silvi shows how easy it is to just start punching – no matter WHAT you're wearing…

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

That Dr. Pepper ad has been running up here in the northeast for awhile...oh to be young again.
                Interesting fact - the main flavor of Dr. Pepper is prune!

...and what did she say? Did you mention the film to her? :-)
                Her answer was.....

Mikaela Mayer‏@MikaelaMayer1
                @speedbag I HATE the speed bag LOL

haven't heard back.
                +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                Bag was too high for his hitting.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Speed bagging… with a "speedbagscissorhands" spin

I just came across this video commercial that has a few speed bagging scenes in it. This is an Under Armour video that highlights 22-year-old CANELO ALVAREZ, WBC Light Middleweight Champion.

At 1:18, Alvarez does the speedbag scissorhands "spin" while punching the speed bag. I don't think I've ever seen a boxer do this move. (I wonder if he's been watching Adam's videos…)

"In my country, when you become a national hero, they write your name in all capital letters." #IWILL-Canelo AlvarezUnder Armour Athleteiwill.ua.com

In this video interview with Alzarez, he gives his opinion of Muhammed Ali.

In this http://www.esnewsreporting.com video we take a look at the story behind the story. EsNews is a sports channel talking to stars, celebs, trainers, fa...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I just came across this video commercial that has a few speed bagging scenes in it. This is an Under Armour video that highlights 22-year-old CANELO ALVAREZ, WBC Light Middleweight Champion.

At 1:18, Alvarez does the speedbag scissorhands "spin" while punching the speed bag. I don't think I've ever seen a boxer do this move. (I wonder if he's been watching Adam's videos…)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hUOz625R9O8

Yes, He does a nice inward elbow, spin to outward elbow at 1:18. I haven't seen any professional boxers do that on video (who knows what they do during individual or private workouts), but I have seen a few amateurs spin around, as well as numerous baggers I've known in the past, usually after a Front Straight Punch (which is the fist version of the inward elbow), and martial artists do a Straight Punch spin to backfist.

Spinning around while punching, or stepping through with a spin from one side to the other while punching the speed bag has been around for many many years. I saw a few guys doing it back in at Memphis State in the 70's and during visits to the Memphis Boxing Club.

Adam seems to have popularized it in the last few years and he does it well. He has a few connections in the boxing and sports promotion world so he might very well be their source of inspiration.
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 03-29-2013, 02:29 PM.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• doss darwin
                      • Dec 2012

Ali

In this video interview with Alzarez, he gives his opinion of Muhammed Ali.

In this http://www.esnewsreporting.com video we take a look at the story behind the story. EsNews is a sports channel talking to stars, celebs, trainers, fa...

who else might have been is really not the question--was he or was he not the greatest--i like his opinion--dd
                      the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

So I was watching the AMC show "Freakshow" (being the freak that I am...) and it takes place on Venice Beach. As they lead into and out of different segments, there are quick shots of a guy hitting the speed bag!

...you never know when the bag will pop up!
                        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...