5-Strike Finish - It's supposed to be a comedy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

5-Strike Finish - It's supposed to be a comedy.

Hi All,

I was goofing around and caught a nice finish for slow-motion.
    I hope you enjoy my sense of humor.
    I will eventually own that swivel. I may be old and grey by the time I do, but I will own it. Wait a minute..... Damn!

To learn more about the Speed Bag, in a free, friendly, and positive environment, please visit "www.SpeedBagForum.com" and "www.SpeedBagCentral.com".
    Last edited by PunchDrummer; 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Love that slowmo sound.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
      Hi All,

I was goofing around and caught a nice finish for slow-motion.
      I hope you enjoy my sense of humor.

I will eventually own that swivel.

I may be old and grey by the time I do, but I will own it. Wait a minute..... Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK6v9yiXdOE
      Own the swivel?? PD, with a decent swivel you could own the bag. You're doing some nice side punching but that swivel is responsible for at least 25% or more of your mis-hits. Get a deville ballhook. Seriously, you'll improve exponentially on your side punching combinations.

but I did notice that that nice 5-hit finish. Technically it was a "phantom" (or shadow) left Front Straight Punch (FSP) (under right arm/elbow set up for the outward elbow beginning..), followed by and RR-LL Out and In Four way elbow strike.

(L)-FSP ' (RR-LL) O-I 4way ES

Nice combo. You're really improving!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        always love the slowmo stuff, but i agree two thousand percent with speedbag. you should give a ballhook swivel a try. trust me you'll like it...mikey likes it, hey _ _ _ _ _ ... ;-) btw the other day i gave a try at the continuous five way, boy that's a hard one, the continuous four way is nothing compared to the five way...ralph
        Actually, I find it easier. Consider The lead are of the O-I 4way, (lets say, the right arm). As you start the O-I 4way, leading with the Right Outward Elbow, then the Right fist hits. Now the right fist hit the side of the hand, like front circle punch. That fist can really hold right there at the position that it contacted the bag. It will go under the left arm doing the Inward Double Elbow. You don't really have to sway the right arm way out of the way to complete the movement. Especially if you do the inward movement "straight across the body" and don't angle the left inward arm downward as it does the Inward Double Elbow. Remember, we have talked about that variation with the Inward double (which is the end part of the O-I 4way). Some people angle the arm down, others keep the elbow level. I find it easier to keep the elbow on a level plane to do that, especially if I'm going to use my other fist to shadow underneath it immediately, (only have one rebound, and there is little time to reposition for that). Basically when doing the O-I 4way, IF I am planning to immediately shadow under the inward moving elbow, I hold my lead Outward moving fist at the center of the chest, and as my torso swivel around to let the inward elbow hit, the body turn sets up my lead fist in Front Straight Punch Position to immediately return to the bag under the other arm.

Instead of swing my "lead arm" of the O-I 4way around away from the bag, I keep my fist in the center of my chest and turn my torso. I was going to turn that anyway, but I just hold the fist by my chest and the slight torso turn creates the angle to return under the inward elbow immediately.

Hope that makes sense. I started working on this way back when Ebozyn was kicking everyone's butt on them. He is truly amazing at it, so was a live inspiration to figure out a way to make it work.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Very nicely done. Thanks for the slo-mo !

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

LOVE it! That did feel good....
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...