• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Bladder Bag Tune Up

The Bladder Bag on the Everlast 4440 Plastic swivel, with a jumpcannon steel ball.

This video is about 2 months old. Mar 20, 2012

Around 7 minutes of punching a full bladder. ouch!
    Check out the bag trap to the silly dramatic 70's music near the end of this video. It was meant to be a goof. 6:37 to 6:38.

Thanks For Watching
    Last edited by ebozyn; 05-29-2012, 04:07 PM.
  • newbagger
    • May 2010

Hey, no gloves!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
      Check out the bag trap to the silly dramatic 70's music near the end of this video. It was meant to be a goof. 6:37 to 6:38.

Thanks For Watching
      I kept thinking Bruce Lee from "Enter the Dragon" was going to jump out any minute with that music. Or maybe Kojak, or Pink Floyd's wall was going to fall on me....

Actually, there is a lot of interesting, dare I say unique combinations in this video clip. I particularly like the move I haven't seen yet, (or haven't noticed in earlier videos) at 5:14 - 5:16.

5:14-5:17 upward front Fist Roll to OES and ODES

Start with Reverse Single Punch RSP-(L) at 5:14.

L-(RSP) ' ' L-RrR-(D-TES)-r=double bump the D_elbow, F-Roll x4, reverse direction x2, to OSES ' FSP(shadow) ' ODES.

RSP ' ' D-TES ' FRoll Ro ' Lo ' Ro ' Lo ' Ru ' Lu ' R-OSES ' L-FSP(shadow) ' R-ODES

To remember, and then go practice these, is challenging to say the least, which is why I wanted a way to write down speed bag combinations in the first place!

My system for writing speed bag combinations has been advanced, or lets say is being forced to adapt to include double or triple bumps of fists and elbows, as well as reversals of fist directions during techniques and combinations.

* Righting down Fist Rolls that reverse direction in the roll requires a reliable way to know which way the fist is rolling, either (a) over the last fist or (b) under the last fist to make contact in the roll. Otherwise, how do you know which way the fists are moving? That is why I write this with the small "o" for Over the last fist or "u" which notes Under the last fist.

This is very much in keeping with how sheet music was developed, having to accomodate for sharps and flats of instruments, section repeats and odd fingerings of the instrument.

thanks ebo, for pushing the limits.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Working!

Ebo - Nice work... Whats up Alan? SB3? here already in a month,lets get ready to bag, and tear things up.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Yeah, this bladder bag thing requires a light touch. Bare fists seem to work very well for me with this type of bag.

Thanks for checkin' out the Vid.

Bag On!

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
          Hey, no gloves!

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

You're right on AK... This track is from "Enter The Dragon" the track is called "Into the night".

I've been listening to a lot of musical scores from films lately. and i like more of the music scores from the late 60's thru the 70's. There's some good music, and some music i find funny from that era.

In the other video i just posted called "Everlast 4440 swivel, plastic" there's a Combo that i think looks kinda cool. 3:07 to 3:09 Downward elbow, fist + fist roll + inward fist, elbow + outward elbow, fist . I've seen a few of my favorite baggers do combos similar to this. I just had to throw it into my bag of bag tricks.

I've been writing down combos more lately.

Thanks for checkin' out the vid AK.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I kept thinking Bruce Lee from "Enter the Dragon" was going to jump out any minute with that music. Or maybe Kojak, or Pink Floyd's wall was going to fall on me....

Actually, there is a lot of interesting, dare I say unique combinations in this video clip. I particularly like the move I haven't seen yet, (or haven't noticed in earlier videos) at 5:14 - 5:16.

5:14-5:17 upward front Fist Roll to OES and ODES

Start with Reverse Single Punch RSP-(L) at 5:14.

L-(RSP) ' ' L-RrR-(D-TES)-r=double bump the D_elbow, F-Roll x4, reverse direction x2, to OSES ' FSP(shadow) ' ODES.

RSP ' ' D-TES ' FRoll Ro ' Lo ' Ro ' Lo ' Ru ' Lu ' R-OSES ' L-FSP(shadow) ' R-ODES

To remember, and then go practice these, is challenging to say the least, which is why I wanted a way to write down speed bag combinations in the first place!

My system for writing speed bag combinations has been advanced, or lets say is being forced to adapt to include double or triple bumps of fists and elbows, as well as reversals of fist directions during techniques and combinations.

* Righting down Fist Rolls that reverse direction in the roll requires a reliable way to know which way the fist is rolling, either (a) over the last fist or (b) under the last fist to make contact in the roll. Otherwise, how do you know which way the fists are moving? That is why I write this with the small "o" for Over the last fist or "u" which notes Under the last fist.

This is very much in keeping with how sheet music was developed, having to accomodate for sharps and flats of instruments, section repeats and odd fingerings of the instrument.

thanks ebo, for pushing the limits.
            Last edited by ebozyn; 05-31-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Thanks G-Town You're top notch dude. A great bagger.

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
              Ebo - Nice work... Whats up Alan? SB3? here already in a month,lets get ready to bag, and tear things up.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...