X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthPistachio
    • Mar 2012

First Video showing platform swivel and open to critique

Well here is my first vid for you to check out - in it you'll see my finished custom platform and also the custom swivel I made in action.

I've been practising now for about 4 weeks total - first two weeks just learning how to hit the bag and then the last two weeks started learning some of the techniques from watching videos etc... I'm never one for hiding my newbieness and have left in all mistakes for critique!

Thanks to Alan (true gent'!) I have two Title bags coming soon and I'm really stoked to try them out - the bag in the video is a Lonsdale authentic peanut 9x6 and I'm really liking it although Lonsdale print that it should be inflated to about 10 PSI -- I find that between 4 and 5 is great for control.

The other Lonsdale bag is a red black Pro 10x7 for the other family members and for me when I just want to hit the bag doing nothing fancy but maintaining upper muscle mass and burning some calories

Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
    Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
    They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....
  • SpeedbagSharkface
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Fantastic!!! The platform and swivel look and sound great. Your punching is looking good too.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DarthPistachio View Post
      Well here is my first vid for you to check out - in it you'll see my finished custom platform and also the custom swivel I made in action.

I've been practising now for about 4 weeks total - first two weeks just learning how to hit the bag and then the last two weeks started learning some of the techniques from watching videos etc... I'm never one for hiding my newbieness and have left in all mistakes for critique!

Thanks to Alan (true gent'!) I have two Title bags coming soon and I'm really stoked to try them out - the bag in the video is a Lonsdale authentic peanut 9x6 and I'm really liking it although Lonsdale print that it should be inflated to about 10 PSI -- I find that between 4 and 5 is great for control.

The other Lonsdale bag is a red black Pro 10x7 for the other family members and for me when I just want to hit the bag doing nothing fancy but maintaining upper muscle mass and burning some calories

Man, that's a nice setup! Sounds very solid! Also sounds like you're doing a bit of Punch Drumming (tm) there also, keeping the pass through's in time to the music. very nice!

As for bag pressure, go for control. Speed will come at it's own pace when you're ready.

Bags are enroute for the last week, with bladders. Hope they get there soon.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

That setup is beautiful. Nice job! It looks solid.
        It was fun (and educational) to watch your journey - thanks.
        Good punching – you’re on your way.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Super build!

Excellent! That looks rock solid... I'd be very interested in that set-up too as my basement is also only about 6'5" high. Really great job on the build....and the punching! Bag on.
          (keep those elbows up )

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Johnny O
            • Apr 2011

Quality workmanship Darth. Great job!

Comment

• DarthPistachio
              • Mar 2012

Thanks for all the feedback ! - I know I have a lot of practice to do yet but it's definitely encouraging to know I'm on the right track
              They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

• DarthPistachio
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Excellent! That looks rock solid... I'd be very interested in that set-up too as my basement is also only about 6'5" high. Really great job on the build....and the punching! Bag on.
                (keep those elbows up )

It would probably be too prohibitive shipping wise for me to get one to you in The US but I could definitely provide you with all the blueprints and measurements you would need to fabricate your own - PM me if you're interested

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...