• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Practice 2012-03-18 ProMex Red

A short clip - having some fun.
    Learning to absorb speed from the rear from some of the power elbow strikes.
    The weird "pop" sounds are from the bolt holes in the drum. Have to give each one a different pitch - that would be cool.

PunchDrummer, Speed Bag, SpeedBag, Punching bag, Punch Drummer, Combat Sports, Combat, Sports

Enjoy!
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Nice!

I dig how you're getting much smoother with your transitions between combos, and techniques.

I also like that you're mixing in Phantom Strikes, and double bumps. Good stuff. You're getting better and smoother with each video.

PD those U-bolt swivels you have there... are the nuts welded on to the swivel's shaft bolt, or are you able to take them all part, and remove the shaft from the housing?

Are those Title Platinum swivels, or the Fighting Sports equivalent?

Keep On Baggin' PD

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

Thanks Ebozyn.
      The swivels are Title Platinum, and the shaft is bolted-in. The shaft is stamped with a "+" to discourage the bolt from coming off, but it will. I haven't taken one apart.
      I like the design, but the machining tolerances and finishing needs improvement. Chrome flakes all over and some fall out of the base.
      I lube the screw with Dielectric (clear silicone) grease
      Could be so much better with so little effort…

Comment

• G-Town
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Sb3

See you @ 3 nice bagging! Bag on.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

You're doing great punchdrummer, but I"m suggesting you are struggling on some movements because of that swivel. Watching the swivel action on your misses tells me that the swivel is causing your problems with bag movement.

Yes, I'm no fan of the U-bolt and watching this video reminds of me of Why.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
            • Jan 2012

You are right – that swivel is a challenge. I knew that the bag sliding horizontally on the “U” would catch your eye Alan. lol
            I sometimes get a few minutes of clean combinations – (only when the camera is off) – which means that it is possible, and I can feel when my technique is off. It seems to be very sensitive to wrist rotation.

As long as I keep hearing “Hamster Dance” in my head instead of the voice of frustration, I’m going to keep trying.

Thanks for the coaching all!

(I hope it's OK to repost this: )

Punch Drumming(TM) to the song "Hampster Dance". By request of my grandkids. Silly? Yes, but you'll do it too when you're a Grand Pa.
            Last edited by PunchDrummer; 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• berryna
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2012

Are those Title Platinum swivels, or the Fighting Sports equivalent?
              cambridge satchel company us
              fluro cambridge satchel bag
              yellow cambridge satchel bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...