• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

This Video is Priceless

I LOVE THIS VIDEO.

I found this video by digging deep into the pictures and videos section of this forum.

This one is Priceless. I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes after the Video ended.

I think at about 0:27 is where this Video gets it's sound track choice. (i know he's just standing up, but i like to imagine him slowly toppling over like a large sequoia)

0:38 to 0:55 is also very memorable.

This is AK's Upload and Find. And it's worth another look. HaHa

I haven't seen anything this good in along time.
    Last edited by ebozyn; 01-08-2012, 09:49 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
    I LOVE THIS VIDEO.

I found this video by digging deep into the pictures and videos section of this forum.

This one is Priceless. I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes after the Video ended.

I think at about 0:27 is where this Video gets it's sound track choice. (i know he's just standing up, but i like to imagine him slowly toppling over like a large sequoia)

0:38 to 0:55 is also very memorable.

This is AK's Upload and Find. And it's worth another look. HaHa

I haven't seen anything this good in along time.
    That is a man (Big Ben Kniffen) from Delaware, who designed that portable speed bag device. We sent video's back and forth to each other back then (1997 - 1998), sharing ideas about equipment. He is a locksmith at the university (:57 - 1:18, on campus) and had designed some portable units based on electronic magnets to lock in a wall unit to a metal frame (poles, plates on walls etc). Also some other wearable devices. The rebound ring in this video is from an old shop stool in his garage, and in the opening he was showing me how he made it all.

I edited that clip from numerous video's he sent me of himself and family hitting the bag and making equipment. Back then there was no "youtube" so all speed bag video communication was shot on VHS, edited and sent to whomever. He made several tapes of himself and kids hitting, and I watch it, then make a video in reply with tips, etc. He and I sent 5 or 6 video's back and forth, plus several phone calls.

The song Free falling by Tom Petty was his choice that he put on all his video's. From :10 - :22sec I inserted a section of him showing the stool and portable unit. He was explaining to me How he did it, but I just wanted the music soundtrack, not any voice overs.
    You'll notice on his video's he always left the date on.... 7/16/97

You can also see him here...Ben Kniffen, speed bag inventor and master egg artist showing off a shirt and hat I sent him. Scroll down on right side of page.

(* he is famous in his local area for his "egg art" which is exactly what it sounds like. He draws personal Caricatures on egg shells. I don't have any pictures but those on his video's were pretty amazing in detail.)

I have met some truly amazing people thanks to the speed bag..
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-08-2012, 03:45 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

It's both ingenious AND hilarious at the same time.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

An interesting guy for sure. I will have to see if i can find some egg art pictures online.

Another thing that made me laugh about this video was:
        In the last part of this video were he's wondering around the parking lot aimlessly. I would have liked to see the camera pull back slightly to reveal two men dressed all in white one carrying a net on a pole, the other holding a straight jacket. Both approaching slowly, and with extreme caution.

I once thought of installing a platform over the toilet. You're standing there, nothing to do. You should have at least one arm free. A guy could practice a lot of one arm combos. Inward, outward Elbows. <---cuckoo cuckoo

Wonderful to Weird. Beautiful to Bizarre.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ebozyn; 01-08-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

He used to have some eggs online but I can't find any listings anymore. His stuff was more charicatures of Delaware related people and places. Did one of me that he showed in a video. Said it was better to be "on and egg" than to have egg on the face.

I told him he was too late, but now I've had both.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
            • Jan 2012

That’s great!! I walk an empty beach a few times a week here in SoCal., and I’d buy one and wear/walk/play it - I think.

My first setup (Everlast) had a steel rebound ring. Maybe that's why I was so frustrated.

I 've always admired that kind of art too. Birds of a feather I guess.....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
              That’s great!! I walk an empty beach a few times a week here in SoCal., and I’d buy one and wear/walk/play it - I think.

My first setup (Everlast) had a steel rebound ring. Maybe that's why I was so frustrated.

I 've always admired that kind of art too. Birds of a feather I guess.....
              The few steel rebound rings I've hit were really great and fun to use. Problem is, you have to use a bag whose belly hit directly on the ring. If you use a smaller bag you need a smaller rebound ring.

But they were very "springy" to me and launched the bag better than wood.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

What do they sound like, Alan?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

[QUOTE=paranday;32339]What do they sound like, Alan?[/QUOTE]

The sound is hard to describe. It doesn't have that wood slap, it's more like a ball hitting a steel column or light pole. the ones I remember were kind of a deeper but they were large rings for 11x8 bag. The fastest part of the belly needs to contact the ring and the rings that I hit were pretty thick also. I have seen wagon wheel rigs also.

Wouldn't something like this in a 24, 30 or 36 inch be a beast!

(see it here....Amishwares
                  Attached Files
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

The best I can remember about the sound is that it was a dull thud, coupled with the clank of the swival, especially the metal ones with the rubber sleave.

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

The Amish bag?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        The Amish bag?
                        Wouldn't that be cool...

Actually, Balazs Boxing is in Honey Brook PA and the owner told me he has people that come to work in buggies. Bet they know some folks that could make a wagon wheel rebound ring.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Heppsan
                          • Jan 2011

That was a really cool vid!

Thanks for the upload!!

Comment

• paranday
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Actually, Balazs Boxing is in Honey Brook PA and the owner told me he has people that come to work in buggies.
                            That's interesting. I live in an Amish region, too. My favorite memory is when I was at WalMart, and there was this middle aged Amish woman, decked out in her black bonnet and long dress -- and she was playing the game with the movable crane that grabs a stuffed toy. Wish I would have had my camera, but on the other hand, taking her photo would have violated her belief system -- same as the game of chance she was playing on the sly.

Comment

• minadov
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Jan 2012

Yeah its really a nice one.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...