• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Psychedelic Slow Jam Trip

Some Video i shot of myself bagging the Other Day, Put to Some Music.

In this footage i have actually dampened the Click of the Swivel a little bit, so it isn't so out front loud. (I dampened the Click with a little piece of electrical Tape around the shank of the eyelet. I think i read about this on AK's Web Site speedbagcentral.com) I find that for me the clicking is best to be toned down for Freestyle bagging, And i let it sing loud for Punch Drumming.

Enjoy.

Thank You For Watching.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
    Some Video i shot of myself bagging the Other Day, Put to Some Music.

In this footage i have actually dampened the Click of the Swivel a little bit, so it isn't so out front loud. (I dampened the Click with a little piece of electrical Tape around the shank of the eyelet. I think i read about this on AK's Web Site speedbagcentral.com) I find that for me the clicking is best to be toned down for Freestyle bagging, And i let it sing loud for Punch Drumming.

Enjoy.

Thank You For Watching.

Your baggin' skills put you in the bagging elite category. As for the tape on the "swivel shank" it's hard to see in this video. I see the tape around the bag attachment "S" hook, but that does not hit the base housing.

I also started to put thin strips of "duct tape" around the swivel shank entering the ball to reduce sound as well as defend against metal flakes getting pounded off. Also, you can also add a bit of tape around the edge of the metal base housing, (a bit more difficult..) which can also deaden the "chink" a bit as well as reduce flakes. Of course it may also kill the rebound a bit but that was unnoticeable to me.

Great video.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Thanks alot AK.

The blue tape on the shank of the eyelet is pinstriping tape. it's kinda rubbery,(like electrical tape) so it bends, and forms nicely around the shank, and it takes a while before the metal on the base of the swivel cuts it up. I tried masking tape, but that cuts up too fast.

The masking tape around the S-Hook i use for two reasons.

The first is when i was using the everlast plastic ball hook i filed off some of the end of the S-Hook. (Maybe a millimeter or so) so i could get a Cleto Reyes bag Loop on it. Now, with the metal Everlast there is little chance the bag would ever fly off that hook. You know how nice and snug the bags fit on those Hooks (i wont be filing or altering the S-Hook on this swivel for any bag).

The Second reason for the tape is to tighten up the link between the S-Hook and the eyelet so it doesn't jump around, and so the link doesn't lock up when i do a spin. When i do touch spins, sometimes the loop at the top of the S-Hook would kinda hook itself over the top of the loop of the eyelet. that got annoying, so i made this cheap but effective little Fix for that problem. (the tape helps, and while i'm throwing my fists and elbows around wildly at the bag, i need all the help i can get)

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Your baggin' skills put you in the bagging elite category. As for the tape on the "swivel shank" it's hard to see in this video. I see the tape around the bag attachment "S" hook, but that does not hit the base housing.

I also started to put thin strips of "duct tape" around the swivel shank entering the ball to reduce sound as well as defend against metal flakes getting pounded off. Also, you can also add a bit of tape around the edge of the metal base housing, (a bit more difficult..) which can also deaden the "chink" a bit as well as reduce flakes. Of course it may also kill the rebound a bit but that was unnoticeable to me.

Great video.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ebozyn; 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The added (white) tape around the "S" and eyelet will also reduce the flaking from that area. Having used "similiar" swivels to this all my speed baggin' life I can tell you that eyelet connection will get worn down pretty seriously over time.
        Great pics by the way.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Johnny O
          • Apr 2011

Another great video Ebozyn.

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          Thanks alot AK.
          The Second reason for the tape is to tighten up the link between the S-Hook and the eyelet so it doesn't jump around, and so the link doesn't lock up when i do a spin. When i do touch spins, sometimes the loop at the top of the S-Hook would kinda hook itself over the top of the loop of the eyelet. that got annoying, so i made this cheap but effective little Fix for that problem. (the tape helps, and while i'm throwing my fists and elbows around wildly at the bag, i need all the help i can get)
          Since you are breaking down some technical issues with the ball hook: What are you using for a lubricant on that swivel and is it the same as what you were using on the plastic ball hook?

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
            Another great video Ebozyn.

Since you are breaking down some technical issues with the ball hook: What are you using for a lubricant on that swivel and is it the same as what you were using on the plastic ball hook?
            I'm using the same Lube i was using with the Plastic Everlast ball hook Swivel. The Lube is a 100% Vegetable Oil. It was some oil my wife uses for cooking.

The reasons i started using this type of oil are:

1 - When i first got my plastic ball hook Swivel, i was reading on this forum that, in time some petroleum based Lubes could break down plastics. So i figured that 100% veggie Oil would be a little easier on the plastic.

2 - We had two jugs of the stuff, and it's dirt Cheap.

It's pretty slippery, but if i find something slipperier, that doesn't cost much, i'll try it.
            With the plastic ball hook swivel i had to apply it before every use. If was bagging for long periods of time i would apply it every 45 minutes to an hour to keep everything moving slick. With the metal ball hook sometimes i only need to apply the Oil once every day, and sometimes it will stay slick for a couple days. The Vegetable Oil seems to work well, and i haven't noticed any rusting or any other problems yet. It's slippery as hell on a metal on metal type Swivel.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ebozyn; 12-16-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...