• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roush
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2011

Links Week 4. Still a long way to go!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Actually, pretty good for a short time. Arm swing appears a bit "up and down" but will smooth out. left hand drops a bit when right is hitting. I would suggest keeping it up close to your chin.

Bag may be a smidge too high but hard to tell with upward camera angle. Appear to be "snapping" that downward elbow strike a bit harder than other punching but will also smooth out with practice. Good Front Double Punching, Front Fist Rolling and pass through to Reverse. Might be reaching a bit on pass throughs, but not bad. Keep at it! (let the dog hit sometimes....)
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roush
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2011

thanks for the feedback! means a lot coming from a skilled bagger. I do feel the platform is a bit high. The bottom of the bag is above eye level. The toughest part for me is keeping my hands up as my shoulders starts to hurt but I'm sure they will strengthen throughout the years. I'll continue posting videos of my progress. Thanks for watching!

Comment

• Roush
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2011

Yeah I want to lower the platform but I actually have since bought the balazs ibox and am waiting for my buddy to come put it up. I will be taking the everlast platform off soon. Thanks for the feedback Ralph, really appreciate it!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roush View Post
          Yeah I want to lower the platform but I actually have since bought the balazs ibox and am waiting for my buddy to come put it up. I will be taking the everlast platform off soon. Thanks for the feedback Ralph, really appreciate it!
          Get a 4x4 piece of 3/4 in or 1in plywood, lay it on the floor and stand on it.. this will raise YOU up, which has the same effect as lowering the rebound board.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job! It looks great.. but I agree you might want to lower the bag....
            And... maybe start using more left hand stuff.... right now it seems like it's following or complimenting the right... so some more left-dominated stuff will help you when adding in the more advanced punches....
            Yeah!!!
            BAG ON!!!

Comment

• Roush
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2011

Wizard: Thanks for the feedback! I am actually working through keeping my left hand up as well as fist rolls. Both are challenging but I'll get it. My shoulder starts to hurt after a while probably because the platform is too high. Once my buddy installs my new ibox the height will be a lot more fitting. I'm hoping to get on your level one day!

Alan: Keep up the amazing work. It's awesome to see your videos throughout the yrs. Really inspiring!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roush View Post
                Wizard: Thanks for the feedback! I am actually working through keeping my left hand up as well as fist rolls. Both are challenging but I'll get it. My shoulder starts to hurt after a while probably because the platform is too high. Once my buddy installs my new ibox the height will be a lot more fitting. I'm hoping to get on your level one day!

Alan: Keep up the amazing work. It's awesome to see your videos throughout the yrs. Really inspiring!
                Thanks, I appreciate that. Haven't filmed anything lately, but I do have a vault as yet unseen.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2010

If i were to give one bit of advice to any bagger that wants to get really good at striking the bag, and if they want to be able to become very smooth at super advanced Combos, it would be this... Always, and i mean always, wear a shirt when you shoot a Speed Bag Video. hehe

You're doing Awesome for 4 weeks. I can tell you're feeling where you need to be to make solid contact with the bag.
                  Great Job man. Keep on baggin'

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Great Start!

Welcome to the speed bag forum, Roush! Well, there's nothing to add to the advice that has already been given. I concur with Alan and spinsmashpop regarding the lowering of the bag, as it will ease shoulder discomfort.

Try to focus on equal time for both fists when punching. Maybe work on drills of hitting one punch with your right for several minutes, then doing the same with the other hand. I'm guessing you are right-handed, so maybe work a little longer with the left until it comes naturally. (I still tend to favor my left...)

As for ebozyn's advice... Frankly, he's amazing how he can do what he does while wearing baggy sleeves and gloves. I wear a long sleeve compression-type shirt, and I usually don't wear wraps or gloves unless the winter weather starts drying and cracking my knuckles. I like to have direct contact with the bag.

You seem to have great timing and rhythm. (I checked out your YouTube channel and enjoyed watching your jump rope video. That takes some skill and timing.)

I look forward to watching your progress via the world wide web...

Practice, practice, practice.

(Sent you a Private Message on your profile page...)
                    Last edited by MsDeville; 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM.
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Roush
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Oct 2011

Ebozyn

Thanks for the feedback. I seem to always lose my shirt for the videos hahhaha. I appreciate the feedback hoping to smooth out my combos for the next video. still go t a long way to go with the fist rolls too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...