X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Super Advanced Combo

My attempt at one anyway, this is a 6 punch combination repeated continuously. Alan sent me the diagram for this, I think I'm doing it right...

Trying a Super Advanced Combo, hitting from all directions around the bag continuously.
    Attached Files
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Good job BillyMack! I've never been able to get past 5 hits of that combo, it's very tough to do consistently, yet you do six hits several times.

I'm very impressed. You make it look easy.

Now double your speed and do it on your little Rival bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Super Advanced Combo

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
      My attempt at one anyway, this is a 6 punch combination repeated continuously. Alan sent me the diagram for this, I think I'm doing it right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rusVfrksFU4
      That's it. Very Nice. Notice you are always leading with the Right Fist and going to the right side of the bag first. This combo always repeats the same fist order, but you can add a little variety and go around the bag the other way by doing a couple of things. First, you could rotate the fist order of the FDP. instead of doing a R-L, simple do a L-R. (* the key is the last SSP. this fist will return to the front and lead the next FDP after two rebound, so it will hit twice in a row.)
      This will change the fist order from

normal:

R-L.....R.....L-R.....L..........R-L...same order
      FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' FDP

rotate: (notice the L fist hits twice in a row..)

R-L.....R.....L-R......L......L-R......L......R-L......R....(rotate) R-L - repeat
      FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' .........FDP

or, you can simple make every FDP a three Punch Front Fist Roll, and remember to let the middle fist go to the side.

and.....

just for Grins, you can also choose to vary this using the Side Double Punch (SDP) instead of the Front Double Punch (FDP). It changes the combinations used and creates a really nice little echo beat. Air punch it first.

R-L.....R.....L-R.......L.......L-R...L-R.....L-R.........R-L
      FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RDP ' S-RDP ' ' FDP

Of course, it helps if you understant the Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP). Breaking this Double Punch into single fist contacts looks like this. SSP ' RSP = S-RDP

R-L.....R.....L-R.......L......L-R....L-R.....L........R...
      FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RDP ' SSP ' RSP ' ' FDP

either way, notice the left fist (or 2nd SSP fist) hits twice in a row.

BillyMack, here's a practice combo to get that Side - Reverse movement down:

L-R......L.......R........R-L
      RDP ' SSP ' RSP ' ' FDP

or, after your normal 6 punch SA combo, let the seventh punch be a RSP behind the bag. I get it about half the time.

Now your learning fist and bag control.....
      Last edited by Speedbag; 04-15-2007, 02:53 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
        • Oct 2006

tough combo billy. very nicely done indeed.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
          Good job BillyMack!
          Ditto, nice job. I ran down to the garage to try it ... and failed miserably
          Last edited by Tim; 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...