X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

SPEED BAG II - Videos

Hey gang. I've got some jet lag, but I wanted to try to post at least one video of my first day at SBII.
    They were still trying to set up the platforms, but we couldn't keep Juxt from "warming up" on the vertical bag setup. Here's a short clip of Juxt doin' his thing on the vertical board. He's amazing.

More to come...
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    He's amazing.
    Yes !

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Sweet!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

you have to see this "live" to fully appreciate the speed and power of this routine.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

WOW!
          sigpic

Comment

• juxt
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

cool, thanks for taping and posting

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

If the belly of the bag in a regular platform setup should be at your mouth level....dare I ask what a vertical bag lines-up with?

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                If the belly of the bag in a regular platform setup should be at your mouth level....dare I ask what a vertical bag lines-up with?

Results may vary...

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Results may vary...
                  Good one!

Juxt, that's amazing stuff.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    you have to see this "live" to fully appreciate the speed and power of this routine.
                    Right on this. Not only better live but there was so much great baggin that didn't get recorded.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Maybe the belly of the bag with the belly of the bagger. It's not easy for me with it to low or high but Juxt could bag on it any where. He is awsome.

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is actually a very good question! I can tell you the secret for the "proper bag height" of the standard "horizontal set up" was always the pivot points of the joints involved. When the belly of the bag is at your mouth it sets up a "near perfect" alignment for the elbow and shoulders to let the fist go straight through the bag belly to the other side. That point can actually be lowered a few inches if necessary (found by lowering the bag to allow for a bad shoulder that doesn't like being "held high") but the fists can still go straight through the belly, but the lowered board does cause problems with downward elbow movements.

My limited experience with a vertical board has found that the lower back is the deteriming factor. The shoulders are relieved because if the bag is low enough they just "hang down and you bend at the elbows. But the amount of bend in your lower back required may the issue that determines thae best position for YOU. To me it seemed like the "elder attendees" found the higher vertical bag setting more comfortable then the lowered setting. Having a straight back with the bag at belly buttom (stomach) level was the most comfortable for me. The much lower board was hard on my back and wouldn't use it long. But on the higher one I could make some slight adjustments by bending the knees. But I am not proficient at vertical bagging. I would think that Speedy Tommy T or Juxt, or Skunk, who are amazing on the vertical could offer their view of "the" perfect setup. I would like to see an adjustable vertical board be created. These could work by having vertical attachment rods be hung that board attaches to. When we loosen adjustment knobs to raise a regular horizontal board up we could do the same for a vertical bag.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...