• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Inspired by Speedbag Mike...........

I'm not even close to the warp speed level Speedbag Mike has attained but that didn't stop me from trying! Video 1: Speedbag Mike 2:Me. I'm merely a spec of dust in his wake

sigpic
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Inspiration no doubt!

I hear ya MD! I often check out the three quick thunder strom vidz that speedbagmike has on youtube! That keeps me inspired too!

The finale in this clip sounds like "tunda"! That's how they say it down on the bayou!

metaldad, you got good speed and power on that Burst! Well done! You're hitting a bigger speed bag as well!
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 05-20-2011, 04:49 AM. Reason: spell check
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
      I hear ya MD! I often check out the three quick thunder strom vidz that speedbagmike has on youtube! That keeps my inspired too!

The finale in this clip sounds like "tunda"! That how they say it down on the bayou!

metaldad, you got good speed and power on that Burst! Well done! You're hitting a bigger speed bag as well!
      That dude is just insane on the bag isn't he? I had to switch to my 8x5 cuz my 4x6 sprung a leak
      sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

[QUOTE=metaldad;29173]That dude is just insane on the bag isn't he? [\QUOTE]

Yes he is. Unreal is a good word. Great skills along with speed. I noticed an Inward Double Elbow Strike (I-DES) at :21, along with lots of single and double fist passing, split fists, Outward and Downward Elbows .....YeoW. The only thing I see missing is Side Techniques and Four Way Elbow Strikes. If he can start mixing in some Side Double Punches (SDP) and Side-Triple Elbows (S-TES) and Four ways He'll be a very dangerous contender. He certainly has the skills to smoke them.

I also notice his long U-Bolt Swivel and Ringside Bannana bag. Those Ringside bags are fast and he has excellent control, that's for sure.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 05-17-2011, 06:56 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Speed Bag Mike should be in the movies as a stunt double. Wish Zaza could capture Speed Bag Mike in HD.

You're making some good noise there, Metaldad.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Wish Zaza could capture Speed Bag Mike in HD.
            ...not only HD, but SloMo!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              That too. Hope Speed Bag Mike makes it into your documentary.

Comment

• gcruz
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2011

HD and Slow mo too!

Wow, that was amazing! +1 on the request

That too. Hope Speed Bag Mike makes it into your documentary.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Feb 2010

I also notice his long U-Bolt Swivel and Ringside Bannana bag. Those Ringside bags are fast and he has excellent control, that's for sure.

I could barely even SEE the bag!!

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                    • Apr 2011

Don't sell yourself short MetalDad! I've seen your videos! You're smokin' fast ... and Alan, and Nova, and Mrs Mitts...
                    -
                    Owner/Operator
                    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

I hear ya MD! I often check out the three quick thunder strom vidz that speedbagmike has on youtube! That keeps my inspired too!!
                      Unbelievable isn't it? I hope he's coming to SpeedB.A.G. II, I would love some pointers from him

The finale in this clip sounds like "tunda"! That how they say it down on the bayou!
                      You say tunda, I say it sounds like a psychotic buzzsaw ....on steroids......

Thanks, maybe someday I'll be as fast as Mike...that is before father time smacks me upside the head and says"you're done"

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Yes he is. Unreal is a good word. Great skills along with speed. I noticed an Inward Double Elbow Strike (I-DES) at :21, along with lots of single and double fist passing, split fists, Outward and Downward Elbows .....YeoW. The only thing I see missing is Side Techniques and Four Way Elbow Strikes. If he can start mixing in some Side Double Punches (SDP) and Side-Triple Elbows (S-TES) and Four ways He'll be a very dangerous contender. He certainly has the skills to smoke them.
                      How do you know he didn't add those techniques? He's so fast we probably missed them...hell I'm surprised you caught those elbow strikes. Everytime I play the video for people at work, time stops..

I may not have the Ringside bag, but I do have a U-bolt. However, the precision workmanship of the Powermill practically makes my U-bolt obsolete.........don't tell the U-bolt devotees I said that..oops too late

Speed Bag Mike should be in the movies as a stunt double. Wish Zaza could capture Speed Bag Mike in HD.
                      If you could find a camera fast enough

You're making some good noise there, Metaldad
                      Thanks..I was hoping someone would notice, but next to Speedbag Mike, I'm a snail leaving a slime trail

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      ...Yeah good luck with that. He breaks the sound and speed barrier

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                      Don't sell yourself short MetalDad! I've seen your videos! You're smokin' fast ... and Alan, and Nova, and Mrs Mitts...
                      Wow! Thanks man! I can hold my own but I realize next to Speedbag Mike it's no contest there. Something to strive for!
                      sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...