• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Two short clips.

I broke out the Vivitar video cam and messed with the lighting in the garage and my platform height for these clips.The first clip I have the board low, in clip two it's more at eye level Been messing with this combo for a while now. Needs work. Enjoy

sigpic
  • larted
    • Mar 2009

You've got it going. Looks good.
    Larry

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Nice bag cadence!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      I broke out the Vivitar video cam and messed with the lighting in the garage and my platform height for these clips.The first clip I have the board low, in clip two it's more at eye level Been messing with this combo for a while now. Needs work. Enjoy

I like this combo MD...It's got a good cadence an you carry a smooth rhythm with it. The fist roll gives it a nice flow! On the 2nd clip at about 1:38 you make a smooth run with good speed! Well done!

Thanks for postin! I'll give this combo a try in my next bag session! It looks like it'll be fun to try. Keep on Baggin and postin vidz!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

SWEET! Love that combo...and one day... I might be able to try it.
        It's videos like this that really inspire you to try new things & keep at it, thanks for posting Metaldad.

(I have so much to learn)
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• hammer6384
          • Dec 2010

Loved it.Nice beat with them doubles.
          SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• gcruz
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2011

Nice video

It's easier to see what you are doing in these videos, lighting really does play a part!

Your moves are very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by larted View Post
              You've got it going. Looks good.
              Larry
              Thank you Larry! Very tricky combo especially when you're first getting used to it.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              I like this combo MD...It's got a good cadence an you carry a smooth rhythm with it. The fist roll gives it a nice flow! On the 2nd clip at about 1:38 you make a smooth run with good speed! Well done!

Thanks for postin! I'll give this combo a try in my next bag session! It looks like it'll be fun to try. Keep on Baggin and postin vidz!
              Thanks Kerry! Like I said, it's pretty tricky especially when you start going faster. I get confused and my hands start to fall on top of each other. I love it just the same though cuz when it flows, it sounds and feels awesome!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              SWEET! Love that combo...and one day... I might be able to try it.
              It's videos like this that really inspire you to try new things & keep at it, thanks for posting Metaldad.

(I have so much to learn)
              Thanks Zaza! I have a feeling you'll pick it up quick!

Originally posted by hammer6384 View Post
              Loved it.Nice beat with them doubles.
              Thanks hammer! I've also been trying that F-roll to Inward elbow you do. maybe I'll post a vid of that even though I suck at it right now.

Originally posted by gcruz View Post
              It's easier to see what you are doing in these videos, lighting really does play a part!

Your moves are very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
              Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!!

Right on everybody!! Thanks for checking me out! I'm hoping to put more quality vids up soon. Especially since I'm prepping for SB2011! BAG ON!!
              sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Very challenging combo!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                Thanks Kerry! Like I said, it's pretty tricky especially when you start going faster. I get confused and my hands start to fall on top of each other. I love it just the same though cuz when it flows, it sounds and feels awesome!
                This combo is addicting.......I spent my Sat. and Sun Bag sessions trying to master it, alternating from right hand lead on the fist rolls to left hand lead. It's starting to happen more naturally but it's gonna take much more repetition before it's second nature. Thanks for sharing that Patrick!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  This combo is addicting.......I spent my Sat. and Sun Bag sessions trying to master it, alternating from right hand lead on the fist rolls to left hand lead. It's starting to happen more naturally but it's gonna take much more repetition before it's second nature. Thanks for sharing that Patrick!
                  You're welcome. I came across this while thinkning about the main riff to White Zombie's "Thunderkiss '65" . It's not particularly difficult just tricky due to the changes in fist positions :FSP,RSP, FDP,RDP,FSP,RSP etc. It gets confusing especially when I try air hitting without the bag. Can't wait to see your video when you've mastered and adde you own expression to it. It's gonna rule!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• ebozyn
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2010

Looks like you're getting your speed bag chops together pretty good for the SBII gathering MD. I know you'll have a great time there. I hope everyone posts tons of photos, and videos.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...