Posted it on my last tread...dont think any one saw it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

Posted it on my last tread...dont think any one saw it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Rushing the Elbow Strike a bit....

I can't really see anything the sticks out as "wrong" or "problematic". When you do the Outward-Triple Elbow Strike (O-TES), the setup looks OK, the bag contacts sound OK, (pretty clean) the recovery after is sometimes good, sometimes your whole swing movement takes your hands down lower than I would like, but sometimes your last fist makes contact then comes right back without dropping down. about 50-50 there. Not bad for someone just learning the movement.

The only thing I really notice consistently is the "rushed" sound of the triple contacts - as though you set up, then execute the movement very fast, making it "speed up" faster than your established single punches before hand. Relax that a bit. try to do the whole thing at the SAME speed and tempo as your established basic rhythm tempo. You do not need to hurry to get all the parts in. They will easily follow at the same speed when you're timing is a little better. You could even separate your hands a bit more so the two fists are a bit further apart. To get the feel of these, Practice a couple of things.

1. Outward-Double Elbow Strikes (O-DES) SLOW. raise the arm up, do the O-DES very slowly. This helps learn to control and feel the connection between the elbow - fist movment. you don't have to rush it.

2. Do Continuously Alternating Front Double Punches (FDP), say x6 repetitions. Again, do these as SLOW as possible, making the distance between your fists wider. The bag should always stay the same speed and NOT have to vary.

I think these two exercises might help you feel the timing between the parts of a multi-part technique, and learn not to rush your movement to get them all in.

The hardest technique to do SLOW is usually Front Fist Rolling. (F-Roll).

Hope it helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
      • Sep 2006

I would also suggest that you practice doing continuous double outward elbows alternating arms...this will be impossible at a fast rate so it will force you to slow down and control the technique as well as force you to keep your arms up and build a nice rhythm.

I think if you continue to throw the triple out of sync like that you will build too much muscle memory and will have a harder time "unlearning" it.

Lookin good tho' keep it up!

Comment

• ninja420
        • Jan 2007

I understand Thanks so much for the help guys! till next time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...