X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

Warning!! long boring and same ol stuff

Just a video of me way out of control, with the smooth sounds of shuggy otis in the background.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and can has any one else had a problem with the f roll? I am having alot of problem getting that if any one has a way of helping me learn that It would make my day.
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

spin your hands over each other in the air as if doing a f-roll - then walk into the bag- It is easier to do fast - but when I learned it - I started real slow - then you can speed it up.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag help.

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
      Just a video of me way out of control, with the smooth sounds of shuggy otis in the background.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and can has any one else had a problem with the f roll? I am having alot of problem getting that if any one has a way of helping me learn that It would make my day.
      Hey Ninja420

Not a bad video. great angle to see what you're doing. Not bad, actually and I would make a few observations for you.

first, during the basic rhythm, it looks like your right fist flips over and hits the back of your hand, rather than the little finger side of your fist. It appears more prevalent with your right than your left. Maybe it is just the video, but your hand looks to turn the fingers of your fist quickly toward your face. IF you are doing this, I would suggest you concentrate on keeping the palm angled to the floor, hitting the side of the fist. That is a much better fist position for linking through the bag to the Reverse Single Punch. The proof of that may be in your linking. You did go Front-to-Reverse-to-Front punching, but Your right fist goes DOWN and underneath the bag, then comes UP on the back side. That may be why you're using 4 rebounds. You can't really do all that semi-circular swinging motion in two rebounds. Hitting the back of your fist usually forces your elbow "down" and close to the body. The hand will follow the elbow, and go "downward" under the bag, and as you reposition your arm it will come "UP" on the other side.

You can easily correct this with three fixes. First, keep the palm pointing to the floor, second, keep the elbow up to almost parallel. third, have the belly of the bag in the correct position inline with your mouth. Stick your fist STRAIGHT OUT and BACK through the bag belly. When done properly, the bag will get out of the way of your hand just like it is suppose to. The truth is: Your hands should never go under the bag. the bag actually goes over your hands. ( it's on the board when your hand(s) are in the striking zone, and when it comes off the board, your hand(s) are already out of the way...)

Now, on your Front Double Punching (FDP), Try relaxing your arms a bit more (a little stiff..) and practice leading with both fists. You do a pretty nice Left Lead FDP, but I never saw a right lead. they follow each other naturally. L-R ' ' ' R-L. relax your arms, elbows up about half way, and swing your hand lightly. the secret is the spacing between them. Soon as they hit, re-circle them to do it the other way.

I didn't see a Front Fist Roll in your video. But to get the hang of it, get your arm position set correctly, elbows UP (very hard to FRoll with elbows down..) and overlap your fists just so the knuckles overlap the knuckles. This will vary as you get use to it, and the overlap distance isn't a big deal when you know how to Roll, but to learn, emphasize a slight overlap. Try to keep the fists "inside the elbows" in that they don't extend really far out from the body, reaching past the elbows. I normally like to see a "V" shape from elbows (wide) to fists (point of V). Practice without the bag, slowly. But on the bag it may be easier to do a bit faster, so don't be afraid to let it go a bit on the bag. If you have trouble, try going FASTER, not slower on the roll. As long as your fists are UP, your face is protected.
      But when you stop Rolling, step back ..or you'll do the ole' nose punch.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
        • Jan 2007

Thanks man Ill give it a try.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speed bag help

I just reviewed your FIRST video again from the other angle it the wrist flip doesn't look to bad in that one.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
            • Jan 2007

thanks speedbag for all the help! I will put these tips to use tonight and see what happens. Ohhh and as for the f roll.... while I was trying it this morning I thought mabey I should move in...... it was a good Idea till the bag sucker punched me right on the tip of my point nose... and yea that smarts a little.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

nosey speed bag

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
              thanks speedbag for all the help! I will put these tips to use tonight and see what happens. Ohhh and as for the f roll.... while I was trying it this morning I thought mabey I should move in...... it was a good Idea till the bag sucker punched me right on the tip of my point nose... and yea that smarts a little.
              The Nose Punch is an undocumented skill that all baggers learn. I've lost the skin off the end of mine a few times leaning in towards a hard Reverse Single Punch (RSP). WHAM!

also experienced the dreaded "repetitive nose punching" from a Reverse Fist Rolling.

and wait 'till you experience my two personal favorites, The chin smash and chest smash. Both can occur at any time during full speed Reverse Single Punching (RSP) on a really small bag. If you're lucky, you get the more advanced "nose punch-chin smash" with a bleeding lip.

for the record, this normally doesn't happen when you make a correct, crisp bag contact. They happen when you either mis-hit or get out of sync, miss the bag, or when the bag and your hand are going in the same direction when impact should occur...

and it does - but normally with your face or chest.

(if you listen closely afterward, you can actually hear the bag laughing...)
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

thats happend to me many times as well. it hard explaining the fat lip to your buddies.
                ________
                Live Sex Webshows
                Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

How come no one has mentioned the reverse throat punch? I've done that one myself and it hurts like hell too. Of course, I have done the chest punch and chin punch too. I do have to laugh after I look around quickly to make sure no one saw me punch myself.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speed bag miss hits

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                    How come no one has mentioned the reverse throat punch? I've done that one myself and it hurts like hell too. Of course, I have done the chest punch and chin punch too. I do have to laugh after I look around quickly to make sure no one saw me punch myself.
                    Personally I think the main difference of where the fist contacts the puncher (Me) is related to the position and distance to the bag. If I'm really close to the bag, Which I normally am to the 8x5 or 7x4, I catch my chin. Especially if I'm facing straight to the bag, as if doing fist rolling, pass throughs.

If it's a larger bag and I'm further away, Or I'm shifted to the side a little, doing hard and fast RSP, I'll smack my chest.

I have rarely experience the more elusive throat punch, but I remember it can leave you speechless...
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Personally I think the main difference of where the fist contacts the puncher (Me) is related to the position and distance to the bag. If I'm really close to the bag, Which I normally am to the 8x5 or 7x4, I catch my chin. Especially if I'm facing straight to the bag, as if doing fist rolling, pass throughs.

If it's a larger bag and I'm further away, Or I'm shifted to the side a little, doing hard and fast RSP, I'll smack my chest.

I have rarely experience the more elusive throat punch, but I remember it can leave you speechless...
                      I think you're right, when I have done the self-inflicted reverse throat punch, (SIRTP)*** awww sh#@! it was when I was punching my big old 10x14 Title. Unfortunately, because I was punching that bag, you know how much harder you have to hit the heavier bags... Owwww!
                      Last edited by Chris M; 02-21-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...