• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

metaldad baggin to Bonzo and having Custard Pie

I couldn't make it to the Bonzo Tribute so I tattooed a little Physical Graffitti on my bag while chewing on a piece of Custard Pie....damn that pie is tough! But here it is flaky crust and all....(this beat was tricky for me)

sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah my Man, locked into the groove as always! Even on all the reverse stuff. A tougher tempo to bag to. But you pulled it off nicely. Bonzo would have been proud, especially with the power roll at the end. Cool post as always.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      I couldn't make it to the Bonzo Tribute so I tattooed a little Physical Graffitti on my bag while chewing on a piece of Custard Pie....damn that pie is tough! But here it is flaky crust and all....(this beat was tricky for me)
      Great job MD, i'm not real familiar with the song (SHHHH don't tell Tichy) but it sounded like you had the beat down pretty well.

Comment

• juxt
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

nice video. everything sounds on point. Those reverse punch combos are sick.

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

made it look effortlessly! I sorta jumped a little when you yelled at the end. LOL
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

That was mmm, mmm good! Great work on the reverses.
            The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Great video metaldad! Your skillz are smooth, on beat and a great celebration at the end! I've been lookin for a good song to punch drum too and I'm attempting a variety of music, so, any suggestions from the metal or other genre is welcomed! Keep on Baggin - Keep postin!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                Yeah my Man, locked into the groove as always! Even on all the reverse stuff. A tougher tempo to bag to. But you pulled it off nicely. Bonzo would have been proud, especially with the power roll at the end. Cool post as always.
                Thanks brother! You ain't kiddin' about that tempo!! It took me two weeks to get this take! It gets pretty confusing going from front to reverse so much! Gotta give props to THE hardest hitting drummer that ever hit the skins!! I really wanted to do the song some justice.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Great job MD, i'm not real familiar with the song (SHHHH don't tell Tichy) but it sounded like you had the beat down pretty well.
                Thanks Tim.....and we'll just keep that little tidbit about your un-familiarity between us...Tichy just might have to school ya though....I won't tell if you won't.

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                Thanks juxt! I'm still planning to put up a video with the beats you sent me.. I hope I can hit to them as righteous as they sound.

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                made it look effortlessly! I sorta jumped a little when you yelled at the end. LOL
                LOL. The yell was the relief of actually making it to the end of the song with minimal screwups. Trust me I was ecstatic lol!

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
                That was mmm, mmm good! Great work on the reverses.
                Thank you TommyT! This was such a challenge for me and I'm still not completely satified with how I did. But this video was the best out of all the the tries so far of this song.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                Great video metaldad! Your skillz are smooth, on beat and a great celebration at the end! I've been lookin for a good song to punch drum too and I'm attempting a variety of music, so, any suggestions from the metal or other genre is welcomed! Keep on Baggin - Keep postin!
                Thank you novabagger! Like I said earlier, the celebration was relief of making it through the song with minimal miss-hits! I had been trying this particular song for about two weeks. As far as the metal genre, There's Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer,, Chimaira, Judas Priest, Canibal Corpse..oh I could go on and on.......With the way you're hittin' the bag, it should be a real treat to see you hitting to some double kick drum blast beats!!I can't wait!!

Thanks alot for the great feedback and encouragement! I was really against posting this video at first, just due to the fact that I wanted it perfect...but the harder I tried to make it that way, the more mistakes I made. Baggin' is about fun, not stressin' out over minute details. Thanks everybody!
                sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                  I gotta agree juxt.

MD, you're making that reverse position look like home base. I see ya originating a lot of double beat licks off the Reverse Double Punches. Pretty tricky, and your right, it is kind of a tricky lick to hit to - but you handled it well with some smooth 3 and 4 measure bag grooves.

we got a phrase in Texas that fits nicely here..: Cowboy up!

(If the bag was a Bull, you just made 8 seconds.).
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 10-14-2010, 07:36 PM.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post

Hey Nova... you are really getting your punch drum on, so here's one that will melt your swivel

Burn Fast in straight time punching. Better hop lightning for Syncopated Rhythms. either way, your swivel melts by 3 minutes if arms are still attached.

( can't wait to see Tichy eat this one....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here are a few of my favorite "speed bag anthems". Oldies perhaps, but the words or them of each are made for speed baggin'. I hope you like one or two.

I can feel the beat

Speed bag! music for the people.

Rhythm is gonna get ya

Get on your feet! ( and get your punch on..)

Turn the beat around (* gotta go with Vicki Sue on this one...)

Feel the Fury (not the best version of this song but you get the idea)

Get Ready for this

Mysterious *during my early days of creating the SBB system I had some of the lyrics to this song (2:05 - 3:10) taped to the wall by my board. It just made sense at the time...

Contrast (there's no limitation to what this beat can do..)

Dancing with myself (Hand dancin' kind of..)

and what's a speed bag gig with Beat it?

Hammer- Deep Blue Ocean if you want to groove off some synco drum beats.

Enigma for some great heavy beat slow groove. Mea Culpa. I love this groove on a larger 9x6 bag and start at 2:30. Great for getting lost in the beat. Easy to thow in some double time and advanced combos with Enigma.

and just for grins, thrown down to a little Rossini. don't knock it till you tried it! better call skunk for the last minute or so.....

I could do this all night. Not exactly metal, but the speed bag can groove to anything.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      I gotta agree juxt.

MD, you're making that reverse position look like home base. I see ya originating a lot of double beat licks off the Reverse Double Punches. Pretty tricky, and your right, it is kind of a tricky lick to hit to - but you handled it well with some smooth 3 and 4 measure bag grooves.

Thank you Alan. I did alot of takes of this song due to the consistent front to reverse and reverse to front hitting. I would easily lose the groove and if it happened once, the whole tune was done for. That's why I let out that yell at the end of thos video lol! Yeah I guess you could say I did cowboy up and grabbed this bull by the horns! I was sweating posting thus because I know I can do better but obsessing over it doesn't help! I'm attracted to the reverse techniques like a fly to a bug zapper......only without the fatal consequences
                      sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        I gotta agree juxt.

Wow! Thanks Alan! That means alot seeing as how I really was not 100% satisfied with this clip. But this was the best take after two weeks of trying to hit to this song(definitely a good distraction from my employment woes) I was really obsessed with trying to nail this on a Tichy-esque level. With the consistent front to reverse and reverse to front changes with the rhythm, it was easy to get confused and lose the groove. But instead of getting frustrated, I would walk away from it for a day or two before trying again. On average I would make it all the way to the solo before screwing up so badly I would quit. But this time I was actually able to get right back on beat if I miss-hit. Thus the celebration at the end lol. So I guess I did grab the bull by the horns or the bag by the swivel ! Lol. I'm drawn to the reverse techniques like a fly to a bug zapper.......only without the fatal consequences. I hope Tichy gets an opportunity to see this.
                        sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Thanks AK! Nice goin on the Hyperlinks!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...