X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

Baggin in the woods

My brother, John, baggin on our camping trip 4 months after dislocating his left shoulder and shattering his humeral head, which was put back together with a steel plate with 9 screws.

Jim
    Last edited by jimcaher; 09-20-2010, 05:46 PM.
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Jim, that is so awesome! Life doesn't get better than that, when you can do what you love doin'. The great outdoors, comuning with nature, and "Baggin'". Like the setup.
    Looks like you've got all the neccesities! Bag ON!!!!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• deano
      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

John must be happy with the way the shoulder has recovered,Jim did you and
      John bag together growing up?

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great Jim, I think that's a first, taking a platform on a camping trip. And it looks like a rock solid setup too!

Looks like he's got the Atomic XS under control, very well done, especially considering that rebuilt shoulder!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great to see John back up and around, and very happy that his shoulder appears to be working very well. Hope it isn't really painful to do that. Very nice setup by the way! I always want a tree nest like that.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
            Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Sasquatch!!

Was waiting for one of the "Messing with Sasquatch commercials" to start lol!! great baggin brother!! Keep it up. Always remember to stay relaxed.

Comment

• jumpcannon
              Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

LOL..."messin with speedbagger". Smear some shit on the backside of the bag.
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• jimcaher
                • Feb 2010

Here's a picture of our set up.

Deano- we had a bag in the house growing up. Our grandfather was one of those typical Irish pugs. He used to do mostly hooks and punching from side as do you and your father (although not nearly as good as I recall). He wasn't much interested in teaching us however.

Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

• JohnCaher
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Mar 2010

Wilderness baggin

Thanks, all, for the encouragement. Jim's setup really is brilliant, and pretty simple. Once he had it designed, I don't think it took us more than five minutes to set it up and take it down. And, the tree was not damaged in the least -- no nails or screws or anything invasive. BTW, both of us have endured major shoulder reconstructions and baggin' seems to be really good PT. I'm doing much better than anyone expected, and I think Jim's shoulder is better than it's been since his accident 10 years ago.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Feb 2010

Wow that's some seriously intense bagging! Really great! Glad it's working out for you as a rehab workout. Fantastic outdoor set up too.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JohnCaher View Post
                      Thanks, all, for the encouragement. Jim's setup really is brilliant, and pretty simple. Once he had it designed, I don't think it took us more than five minutes to set it up and take it down. And, the tree was not damaged in the least -- no nails or screws or anything invasive. BTW, both of us have endured major shoulder reconstructions and baggin' seems to be really good PT. I'm doing much better than anyone expected, and I think Jim's shoulder is better than it's been since his accident 10 years ago.
                      Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                        My brother, John, baggin on our camping trip 4 months after dislocating his left shoulder and shattering his humeral head, which was put back together with a steel plate with 9 screws.
                        Originally posted by JohnCaher View Post
                        Hey guys - thanks for posting this. I sent the link to the guy that runs Balasz as I thought it was a really cool and unique use of a Balazs platform. He did indeed think it was cool!

Comment

• The Baggist
                          Vert Baggin' Master
                          • May 2009

Great Bagging obviously runs in the Caher family!!! Very cool mother-nature friendly platform also!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                            Was waiting for one of the "Messing with Sasquatch commercials" to start lol!! great baggin brother!! Keep it up. Always remember to stay relaxed.
                            Dude, that could be hilarious! You run in and start ripping a bag with your elbows and skunky roll, Scissorhands runs in and throws a few spins, then sasquatch hits it, breaks the board to pieces and explodes the bag to dust.

that could be a great commercial.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Jim, nice job by brother, John. Pretty good hitting by someone who has some serious steel in his body. Bagging must run in the Caher genes.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...