• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Update from Mrs Mitts' corner...

First of a big thumbs up to this wonderful forum and everyone here who makes it what it is. I had a difficult summer and haven't been able to go to the boxing gym since June. I haven't done a lot of speedbagging either, but keeping in touch with the forum over the past few months was a positive thing.

The good news is that I'm doing a lot better now - the gym will have to wait a while, but at least I can get back under the board. So here to celebrate is a little video.

I've been short on stamina so have been working on new techniques instead. Inspired by you baggers out there, and just seeing what I can do. For some reason the original audio turned out a constant hissing sound so had to swop it with a youtube track to add sound. Thanks to those who have already posted a comment on youtube!

Oh, nearly forgot...! The plastic everalast swivel has the metal ball in it, custom made by fingers from a tiny door knob!! Works really well, so can't see me going back to the plastic ball any time soon.

Last edited by Mrs Mitts; 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM. Reason: add comment
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Are you real? Formidable!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Wow! Awesome punching/elbow variations, and your control is incredible!

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

amazing mix Mrs Mitts,elbows,phantoms,double pumps,reverse forward fist roll
        and all faultless,and all under the cover of darkness.I can tell you;ve been to
        the Metaldad school of video production techniques also.top class demonstration look forward to more vids.deano

Comment

• jimcaher
          • Feb 2010

Mrs Mitts,

Very, very nice creative stuff. A joy to watch. More vids please!

Jim

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Fantastic work Mrs M!! you really are the double bump queen awesome control.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

unreal advanced double bumping with fists and elbows, adnd nice shadow punches to Triple Elbow strikes. Also loved your Alternating Fist Rolls, from a Front Roll to a "Reverse Front Fist Roll" is very Skunky to say the least. That is really a cool maneuever. Nicely done. Great set and awesome control. Keep it coming!
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Whatttttttt!!!!!

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do we have a SERIOUS bagger on our hands? I am in amazement!! Great GRADE A+ Baggin!! Loving the front reverse switch hit as well as the double elbow bumps. 2 of my FAVS!! Definatly looks to me like your gettin very SKUNKY on the bag!!!

BAG ON BAG SISTA

Comment

• sparrky37
                  • Jan 2010

OMG!!! Awesome stuff!!! You and MsDee are an inspiration to women baggers

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT WORTHY!!! Bow down to Mrs MITTS! You go with your bad self.
                    sigpic

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Wow, good control, looks like you're doing exactly what you want to do and the bag is listening.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Very, very nice. Looking real good. I'm glad your doing better and bagging again.
                        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Feb 2010

Thanks everyone

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                          Are you real? Formidable!
                          Ok, I admit, it was about the 50th take!!

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                          Wow! Awesome punching/elbow variations, and your control is incredible!
                          Thanks aad, some moves are definitely starting to flow easier...

Originally posted by deano View Post
                          amazing mix Mrs Mitts,elbows,phantoms,double pumps,reverse forward fist roll
                          and all faultless,and all under the cover of darkness.I can tell you;ve been to
                          the Metaldad school of video production techniques also.top class demonstration look forward to more vids.deano
                          Ha ha At least, with winter coming I now know I can make videos after the sun goes down

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                          Mrs Mitts,

Very, very nice creative stuff. A joy to watch. More vids please!

Jim
                          Thanks Jim, also getting the hang of my new camera!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                          Fantastic work Mrs M!! you really are the double bump queen awesome control.
                          It's a dubious sounding title isn't it???
                          And after all that I forgot to put any rivets in!!
                          Be good to see a new video from you too

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          unreal advanced double bumping with fists and elbows, adnd nice shadow punches to Triple Elbow strikes. Also loved your Alternating Fist Rolls, from a Front Roll to a "Reverse Front Fist Roll" is very Skunky to say the least. That is really a cool maneuever. Nicely done. Great set and awesome control. Keep it coming!
                          Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot. I've watched (studied!) a lot of Skunks videos from the first 'How to do linking..' to the very latest. It's nice when something that seems impossible at first works out.

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                          Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do we have a SERIOUS bagger on our hands? I am in amazement!! Great GRADE A+ Baggin!! Loving the front reverse switch hit as well as the double elbow bumps. 2 of my FAVS!! Definatly looks to me like your gettin very SKUNKY on the bag!!!

BAG ON BAG SISTA
                          Yep, I'm enrolled in the Skunk Academy of Speedbagging!!!
                          Thanks for the comments, awesome really. You're a natural teacher and all those videos of your have helped a lot of us improve.

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                          OMG!!! Awesome stuff!!! You and MsDee are an inspiration to women baggers
                          Thanks, we're a right pair of Lady Fancy Bag Punchers aren't we!!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                          I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT WORTHY!!! Bow down to Mrs MITTS! You go with your bad self.
                          Cheers metaldad. I will - and hope things work out good for you.

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                          Wow, good control, looks like you're doing exactly what you want to do and the bag is listening.
                          I like that thought piefurz, it feels good when the bag is listening!! I'm getting on well with this Lonsdale bag.

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
                          Very, very nice. Looking real good. I'm glad your doing better and bagging again.
                          Thanks Tommy, I appreciate your encouraging comments. Looking forward to your next vid too!

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great forward and reverse front roll Mitts. very impressive to see it seamlessly woven into your routine. Lots of elbows and rivets too, that's my kind of punching!

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

well im not just saying!

You are doing great and i am PROUD to have you in the Skunky art of SpeedBagging!! Keep doin what you do and hope one day we will get to punch together.

Bag on sister!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...