X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

Tim,
    I notice that you mentioned that you intended to use the Atomic XXS to "push the envelope." Daniel mentioned that he first tries to learn new combinations on a tiny bag, and then takes them to larger bags, which is the opposite of conventional wisdom.

By the way, you've gotten really good over the past year. I seem to recall that you attibute this to structured methodical practice with Alan's book fixed to the wall in front of you.

Jim

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I have become a fan of yours since rediscovering your earlier videos. I remember watching them in Oct. and thinking, "Pretty cool. And, he's punching while he watches the news!" I was too new at the time to appreciate your unique style and perfect rhythm while striking difficult combinations.

I don't profess to be an expert by any means, but I can now appreciate your punching skills.

Wish we could have met at SB2010. Hopefully at SB2011... how's about in... Seattle, Washington guys? (No, seriously!)
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• RenoRattler
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Hopefully at SB2011... how's about in... Seattle, Washington guys? (No, seriously!)
        I'm pretty centralized as far as the West Coast goes, anything on this side of the country I will make a serious effort at joining in.

Comment

• The Baggist
          Vert Baggin' Master
          • May 2009

Thanks Spin, Roc, Fingers, Tim, Jim, Alan, and Dee!!! Can't wait for the new vids Tim, cause you also are a big influence on me! And hopefully no matter where the next Speed B.A.G. is I get to meet MsDeville, Rattler, and all of the awesome baggers from around the world!

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
            Tim,
            I notice that you mentioned that you intended to use the Atomic XXS to "push the envelope." Daniel mentioned that he first tries to learn new combinations on a tiny bag, and then takes them to larger bags, which is the opposite of conventional wisdom.
            Small bags require a lot of precision and a minimum of force. If you can hit a combination on a 4x6 bag, you definitely can hit it on something larger.

By the way, you've gotten really good over the past year. I seem to recall that you attibute this to structured methodical practice with Alan's book fixed to the wall in front of you.
            Thanks, I do feel as though I've improved greatly in the past 12 months. I'm re-working my way through the bible and also doing some pretty focused workouts. For example taking a new technique or combination and not stopping until I hit it 5 times in a row with no mis-hits.

Following the exercises in the bible is a good way to switch things up. It forces me to do combinations I've not done before (even if i could do the individual techniques).

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              ...Following the exercises in the bible is a good way to switch things up. It forces me to do combinations I've not done before (even if i could do the individual techniques).
              Glad to hear that. I'll tell ya a secret: ( I wrote it that way on purpose...)
              If I edit the advanced section, I could write a whole lot more variations after watching Skunk, Deano, Baggist and a few others. Those guys are pushing the envelop!
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Glad to hear that. I'll tell ya a secret: ( I wrote it that way on purpose...)
                Sneaky!

If I edit the advanced section, I could write a whole lot more variations after watching Skunk, Deano, Baggist and a few others. Those guys are pushing the envelop!
                That would be interesting.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Sneaky!
                  That would be interesting.
                  I would gladly buy a new edition of the speed bag bible. Satisfied customers are repeat customers. Edit away, Alan.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Feb 2010

Hey Baggist,

I know it's been up for a while but just wanted to say too how impressed I am with this video -your style of working the speedbag with creative strikes and angles. Mesmerizing to watch, you definitely have a fan here.

In a weird way it's also avant garde theatre, like I've just watched a play by Samuel Beckett!!

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                      Hey Baggist,

I know it's been up for a while but just wanted to say too how impressed I am with this video -your style of working the speedbag with creative strikes and angles. Mesmerizing to watch, you definitely have a fan here.

In a weird way it's also avant garde theatre, like I've just watched a play by Samuel Beckett!!
                      Thank you very much Mrs Mitts. Hope to see some new vids from you soon!!!...... Samuel Beckett!! So its a little dark, creepy, and foreboding?...COOL!!!!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                        Thank you very much Mrs Mitts. Hope to see some new vids from you soon!!!...... Samuel Beckett!! So its a little dark, creepy, and foreboding?...COOL!!!!
                        Ha ha

A little dark and foreboding, yes, but not creepy!
                        More "profound" I'd say.... definitely theatre!!!

Comment

• atgatt
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Daniel, I real pleasure to watch you hittin'. Made me long to hit the bag myself since I've been traveling so much lately.

You have a good touch to the bag that is not seen much.

Comment

• deano
                            Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

hey bro

Daniel ,glad to see you back posting and blowing everyone away with your
                            style and combos,its awesome.you just seem to cruise thru it with little effort,
                            keep them coming bro.deano

Comment

• The Baggist
                              Vert Baggin' Master
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                              Daniel, I real pleasure to watch you hittin'. Made me long to hit the bag myself since I've been traveling so much lately.

You have a good touch to the bag that is not seen much.
                              Great to hear from you Atgatt it's been a while!! Thanks for the words of encouragement!.........By the way how is the Robot Slip machine coming along, that thing is awesome and has so much potential!!!!
                              Originally posted by deano View Post
                              Daniel ,glad to see you back posting and blowing everyone away with your
                              style and combos,its awesome.you just seem to cruise thru it with little effort,
                              keep them coming bro.deano
                              Wow Deano, you really made the most out your trip to the U.S.. I just read another one of your posts saying you just got home! Wish I could of made the journey to Jersey to meet you and your father, and all the other great baggers that attended! I could have really used some one on one with the Ozzie Elbow work!!! I thought I was gettin them down but then figured out that I was doing them all wrong, so I went back to square one. The video Dee took of you breaking them down really helped, so I am slowly catching on. Thanks so much for the uplifting words, and hope America treated you well while you were here!!!.......More Vids please!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...