• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Shout Out to Speed B.A.G. 2010!!!!

Just wanna give a Shout Out to all the great baggers who made it to New Jersey this weekend, and the rest of us who are at home jealous wishing we were there!!! Just a few clips tryin to get back in the groove after being lazy for a few months.

• crapshoot
    • Apr 2010

Great combinations and transitions!

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

"You sound pretty good, kid, but can your mom recognize you on the radio?" - Les Paul

There are baggers with their own immediately recognizable style. You are one of them. Great to see a new clip from you.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Yeah you're soooooooooo rusty Good to see you back.
        sigpic

Comment

• jimcaher
          • Feb 2010

Daniel,
          Always a pleasure to watch your videos. You do have a unique style and I think it comes from very nice accuracy but also equal, measured force on each strike whether it be from a fist or elbow. This is something I've started to work on insead of just attacking the bag with all the force I can muster.

Any other secrets to your style you'd care to share?

Jimcaher

Comment

• Bruce
            • Dec 2009

Looked great... What kind of swivel do you have? Sounded as good as it looked. Some pretty cool stuff thrown in there with the elbows. You've got yourself another fan.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
              Daniel,
              Always a pleasure to watch your videos. You do have a unique style and I think it comes from very nice accuracy but also equal, measured force on each strike whether it be from a fist or elbow. This is something I've started to work on insead of just attacking the bag with all the force I can muster.

Jimcaher
              I second Jim's opinion Daniel. You are a gifted bagger with a unique style all your own. I'd like to know where it comes from or how you arrived at it.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Amen to everything that has been said. Baggist, your smooth and controlled style is virtually flawless. Thanks for the shouout, and I hope you'll be able to attend the next SB gathering.

Comment

• The Baggist
                  Vert Baggin' Master
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                  Great combinations and transitions!
                  Thanks for the props Crapshoot!!!!
                  Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  "You sound pretty good, kid, but can your mom recognize you on the radio?" - Les Paul

There are baggers with their own immediately recognizable style. You are one of them. Great to see a new clip from you.
                  Love the Les Paul quote Paranday and Thanks so much for the great compliments. Also thanks for all the rare footage and information that you post on the forum keeping all of us up to date in the Speed Bag world!!!
                  Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Yeah you're soooooooooo rusty Good to see you back.
                  Thanks Metaldad! I thought you would've been in Jersey this weekend....dang it!!
                  Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Looked great... What kind of swivel do you have? Sounded as good as it looked. Some pretty cool stuff thrown in there with the elbows. You've got yourself another fan.

Thanks Bruce. In that I'm using an old Everlast metal ballhook swivel. I usually switch between that and a "Skunky" swivel (plastic ballhook in an Everlast chainlink housing) which is very fast but the downside is they wear out very fast!!!
                  Daniel,

Jimcaher
                  Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  I second Jim's opinion Daniel. You are a gifted bagger with a unique style all your own. I'd like to know where it comes from or how you arrived at it.
                  Many Thanks Jim and Alan!!! First of all I think 99.9% was influenced by the first time I seen some character named Alan Kahn hitting the bag on youtube. I had seen his books and vids in boxing catalogs for a few years but hadn't seen him punch. I would think to myself "I want to learn to box, why would I want to use my elbows?" After I finally seen Alan punch I understood and I was addicted!!! As far as learning techniques when I first start breaking down a combo I will use my tiny Rival 6x4 and hit slow and just try to make every hit accurate and even. Once I get it down on that bag I can do it on any other bag with ease! And I think if their is any other "secret" I think it's just trying to relax and let things become second nature. I often go a few months only hittin the bag once in a while for a few minutes. I find that when I come back I really don't lose much as far as technique but it does take a few days to get the endurance back. I got a long way to go and some bugs to work out but it's a fun road gettin there!!!
                  Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Amen to everything that has been said. Baggist, your smooth and controlled style is virtually flawless. Thanks for the shouout, and I hope you'll be able to attend the next SB gathering.
                  Thanks Biff, not sure about flawless but maybe someday. I definitely missed out on something special and hope to make the next one and many more to come!!!!

Comment

• jimcaher
                    • Feb 2010

Daniel,
                    I think you also have very little superfluous hand and elbow movement. Most folks, including me, follow through with a strike much farther then they need to. Of course I'd defer to Alan on this, but I think he would say that one way to get faster, is not to hit harder, but to hit smaller.

But maybe I should let Alan speak for himself here.

In any event keep doing whatever it is you're doing-- it results in a pretty cool style.
                    Jim

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Daniel,
                      I think you also have very little superfluous hand and elbow movement. Most folks, including me, follow through with a strike much farther then they need to. Of course I'd defer to Alan on this, but I think he would say that one way to get faster, is not to hit harder, but to hit smaller.

But maybe I should let Alan speak for himself here.

In any event keep doing whatever it is you're doing-- it results in a pretty cool style.
                      Jim
                      Yes, I agree. If you hit smaller you reduce the space your hands have to travel out and back to the bag. If your follow through is two (2) inches to far, you have to come back those two (2) inches to get to the correct position. that is four (4) inches of wasted motion, which will kill your speed when your at top end.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Alright Baggist! Nice to see a new vid up! I've watched your other clips many times and agree with everyone; you have your own sound and style...
                        The quality time you put in is evident.

I too go days into weeks with minimal time on the bag, and it does only take a little bit to get it going, as it all is mostly there. You are doing what we all are going for; total bag control....smooth, seemless transitions....even punching.....
                        Thanks for the new clip!
                        BAG ON!

Comment

• Roc Stone
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2007

Nice to see you putting in a bit of effort.
                          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• fingers
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • May 2008

Welcome back Baggist!! i cant add anything to what has already been said only i agree with every word!

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Way cool Baggist. We've missed your videos (it's been awhile, right?). BTW, your style of punching has influenced me greatly. I'm going to get back no the video band wagon this summer and have some fluid smooth double bump stuff to show ya.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...